RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
– Order your pies, rolls, trays, mini-muffins for the Thanksgiving Day/Football Game Day sandwich trays.
– 4 stores, w/ around the clock baking etc.,
– Low carb breads – 4 flavors
– Fax your order in….and they deliver.
– Challah bread for Hanukkah
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
Tips for the Holidays….
– Don’t feed animals turkey bones.
– If your guests aren’t “animal folks” confine the animals.
– Don’t give an animal for a gift w/out checking w/ the “head of the household”
– TODAY 11/11 www.petfinders.com pet adoption event from 10 AM – 1 PM @ Gelsens.
– 11/18, 11 AM – 2 PM: Woofstock Adopt-a-Thon @ the River w/ “Hurricane dogs”.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM/WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION
– P.S. Air Museum Veteran’s Day events; 11/11 – Air Fair @ the Museum. B-25 rides for sale. DC3 rides for sale. Stearman rides for sale.
11/18 – “Props and Hops”. 12 Noon – 5 PM. Tix includes 8 tastings. Must be over 21. In and Out Burger, Taco Spot on Wheels and Pizza available. www.pspropshops.com (contact info: www.palmspringsairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262)
– Waring International Piano Competition: 11/14 – 4th Annual Three Piano-Six Hands-One Performance @ the McCallum. Free tix to piano students
DISCUSSION OF “SPAY-GHETTI AND NO BALLS” sold out event @ the Air Museum
Home and Services
Jane’t P. of Palm Desert
“Senior Moment” Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
Hospice care is really about living right until the last. Hospice comes from a word that means to “stop and rest”.
– Most folks wait too late to go to hospice.
– Anger issues are always addressed both to patient and family….then the remaining time can be spent better.
– His birthday (and his twin brother’s AND his older brother’s) ALL on Nov., 10.
– How folks “hold on” and “wait” for specific events that are important to them.
– They want the passing of a client to be peaceful and the family pleased w/ their service.(contact info: www.familyhospicecare.com and (760) 674-3344)
– Forest Lawn is sponsoring the “Healing Fields” @ Patriot Park in Cathedral City w/ the Rotary Clubs and TOMORROW 11/12; Healing Fields Closes @ 12 Noon.
– TOMORROW 11/12: FREE @ 2 PM Veterans Day 2017 “We Honor Our Heroes” @ Forest Lawn, Cathedral City. Lots of music and speakers w/ ice cream after the services. Open to the whole family.
– Procedures are the same for all folks who have passed.
– Forest Lawn does not disclose what has caused death. It is private information.
– 11/14: Peace Officers & Public Safety Awards Luncheon. @ 11:30 AM @ Agua Caliente Casino.
– 11/27: Candle Lighting Memorial Service: from 7 PM – 8 PM. Featuring 2 Manzanita trees: and paper cut-out doves (that can be decorated), containing loved one’s name and place on the tree.
DISCUSSION OF THE CHALLENGES OF DEALING W/ THESE LARGE DEATH TOLLS, i.e. Hurricans, fires, shootings, etc.,
Kids and Pets
Richard E. of Calimesa, CA.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Brian Chavarin, the director of Institute of Clinical Ortho and Neuroscience.
Was a sports trainer for NBA, NHA, etc.,
– Works in concert w/ NVCenter for the re-habilitation of stroke patients.
– 11/18 – AHA 5-K Heart Walk @ P.D. Civic Center Park @ 9 AM. www.cvheartwalk.org and (760) 346-8109. He’s the Chairman of this walk.
– Expecting 1000 people.
– Goal is to raise $180,000.
– Features a Kids Zone and food tent.
– For the whole family and their pets
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Shelley Somerville, Director of Operations.
Taking over for stroke victims (usually 90 days) when they get out of hospital, or insurance runs out.
– Only facility of it’s kind in the world. Comprehensive care w/ range of therapy they need.
– Theracycles (that cycles for you) and now boxing for Parkinsons patients to get neurons in the brain “firing” and therefore slowing the progress of Parkinsons.
– TODAY 11/11 – Jackie Lee’s Thrift Shop Veterans Day EXTRAVAGANZA!!! 8:30 AM to 1 PM
AIRMEDCARE/REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
– Largest transport/rescue air ambulance company in the U.S. 320 bases around the U.S. for “life” or “limb” rescue. Just purchased AMR Ambulance.
– Membership provider for local air ambulance/helicopter REACH air ambulance provider in the Southern Ca. area..
– Great for “high risks” sports participants.
– $65. “emergent” membership for an entire year for transport for your entire household or $149./yr “fly you home” membership for an entire year for transportation for your entire household in fixed wing aircraft….also for transporting mortal remains.
– REACH bases are Thermal (fixed wing), Imperial County, San Diego, and Murietta.
– Own their own aircraft, which keeps the costs down.
– Does presentations for businesses/company’s and organizations w/ group discounts.
Kellie @ (760) 218-0802
SANCTUARY PALM SPRINGS
David Rothmiller founder
– A family “home” for LGBT kids who have sadly been in foster care for years.
– Want to train them for independent living.
– 18 to 21 years.
– 12/3 – “Holiday Socks” benefit @ Spencer’s Bougainvillea Room from 5 – 7 PM. $75. tix.
– Will auction off celebrity socks. Also restaurant packages, photo session w/ Michael Childers etc.,.
– 2nd home opening soon.
Shows & Tours:
Pamela H. of Santa Monica, CA