November 5, 2016
Entertainment/R.O.T.W./Talk of Stars/Theater Segment
THE JOEY ENGLISH DESERT DATEBOOK
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
Click here for details
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “Congo Room”:
- TOMORROW: Brunch Buffet – $19.95 bottomless champagne – $6.95. Last Sunday of Live Mariachi Music till Next Year!
- Tues – Palm Springs Chamber of Commerce Networking Lunch. All welcome!
- SAVE THE DATE: 11/16, 5-7PM: SFL presents Happy Hour & Coat Drive hosted by Bella da Ball, featuring DJ BOO BOO Calhoun. Help Coats for Kids. Help keep kids warm this winter. Help us reach our goal of 100 coats. We are taking donations of coats of all sizes for kids, both boys & girls. Drop off at the Congo Room any time.
- SAVE THE DATE: New Year’s Masquerade Ball – Free party favors & champagne. Live Music w/Guzman Jr. $50. Tickets on sale now.
- Lower prices across the menu
- www.thecongoroom.com and (760) 323-7353
MC CALLUM MOMENTS
- Tonight 11/5: Herb Alpert & Lani Hall
- Tomorrow 11/6: The New Christy Minstrels
- 11/12-13: Choreography Festival
- Open Call Talent Project 2017: Call for entries from Coachella Valley singers, dancers, musicians, jugglers, magicians, comedians or any other self-contained novely act. Deadline is 12/2.
- All shows for Nov. and gift ideas for Christmas presents.
- www.mccallumtheatre.com and (760) 340-ARTS
PALM CANYON THEATRE
Discussing “Sordid Lives” 11/11 – 20; “Meet Me In St. Louis” 12/2-18; “Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat” Jan. 20-Feb. 5.
- Movies: “Michael Moore in Trumpland”, “Certain Women”
- 11/9 – “Peyton Place”
- TONIGHT 11/5: Miss Richfield 1961 is running for president in the new show, “Red Lips to the White House”
- Certified Farmers’ ‘Market – Sat in Palm Springs, Sun in La Quinta and Wed in Palm Desert
- www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
TALK OF STARS
Discussing his concert 11/12 @ 7:30 PM “Concert Under the Palms” @ the Spa Resort Casino. Tix $35 – $45.
Medical/Museum/Time Passages Segment
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
Discussing how bio-identical hormones and alkaline water can impact: mildew; syphilis; benign essential tremors; leukemia and shingles. Also:
- Wednesday “Topic Talk” – 11/9: “Off Balance” why drugs don’t work
- Alkaline water demo Thursday 10/27 @ 2 PM w/Barbara
- Free Precision DNA medicine w/Dr. Ray Henderson
- www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy and (760) 341-3984
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
Discussing upcoming events. 11/12: Opening of display of the F-84 nrewly restored. 11/13: B25 Mitchell Bomber will be on display and will sell rides. 11/19: “Props and Hops” Festival www.propsandhopsfestival.com. The Sturman will sell rides. Also:
- VIRGINIA WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION “Three Pianos, Six Hands, One Concert” @ the Mc Callum. www.vwipc.org
- ACT FOR MS “Christmas Tree Lane Boutique and Tree Auction” 12/1 @ the Hard Rock Hotel. Chaired by Linda Williamson. www.actforms.org
Discussing Mort Farina 2/5/41 – 10/26/16.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Jane’t P. of Desert Hot Springs
LGBT/Revivals/Go Green Segment
DESERT AIDS PROJECT
Discussing (a) 12/1 “Everyday Heroes” @ the Camelot Theatres. (b) “The Broadway Quilt”. Buy limited number of raffle tickets @ $20 each to be awarded 12/1/16 on World AIDS Day. 12/17 “Dancing w/ the Desert Stars”. Support your favorite local celebrity.
Discussing Pride booth this weekend; new patio furniture @ all stores; pick up an application….there’s a need for volunteers that will receive training; now have new standard pillows for $14.95. “Outlet store” in Palm Springs where the most expensive item is $5.
Pinkie Meringue Shimmer
Discussing being one of the “Everyday Heroes” being honored on 12/1 @ the P.S. Convention Center. His part in creating the idea of the quilt and the sewing of it. His show tonight @ “Retro” on Tahquitz.
DESERT WATER AGENCY
Discussing community workshops to explain the new water rate hikes, water days, etc. Check for leaks, there’s a spike in leaks since 2015. Coupons on the web site for recycled water car wash; coupons for leak detection; coupons for reverse osmosis for your pool; high efficiency toilets; apply for FREE smart irrigation controllers; turf “buy-back” program.
TRAVEL HOST MAGAZINE
Janet Spiegel, Sales Executive and John Goins, Publisher
Discussing the #1 Travel Magazine. Being published since 1967. In 50 locations in the U.S. Everything you want to know to do in the Coachella Valley. Everything that will entice travelers to come to the Valley.
Mariee L. of Palm Springs