Restaurant of the Week Segment – September 5, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Dan Gore re: for “Oscar’s Café and Bar”. 125 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION of the plans he had made hoping to be completely open by Labor Day. i.e. Gay Pride etc.
– DISCUSSION of when inside dining might resume.
– REPORT that “Oscar’s” is re-opening weekends for brunch outside. 10 AM – 2 PM Friday, Saturdays and Sundays. Chef Arturo is serving brunch.
– REPORT that because this is Labor Day Weekend, same brunch schedule on Holiday Monday Sept., 7th as well.
– REPORT on the social distancing/sanitizing protocols and shade/cooling systems in place on the “Oscar’s” patio.
– DISCUSSION of how grateful he is for the local support.
– DISCUSSION of the new closing of S. Palm Cyn. closing for restaurants to expand into the street.
– REPORT on the artwork the P.S. Art Council commissioned on the planters in the courtyard.
– DISCUSSION of when the Drag Shows can return. Anita Rose and Tia will return as hostesses for the brunch.