Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – September 5, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Administrator over Population Health and Prescription Management. i.e. PHARX; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 25th. week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that Front Line medical workers are coming back w/ antibodies against COVID-19 but have not had the disease or any symptoms. More likely to happen when the staff didn’t have access to PPE.
– REPORT that it is best to save our PPE for the front line workers. NOT GOOD to these folks to reuse the PPE. Possible slight “herd immunity” occurring.
– DISCUSSION of antibodies and how they relate to the immune system etc.
– DISCUSSION of “herd immunity”. Needs 65% to 75% of the population to have immunity, then the world can open again. Example of what Sweden did in this regard. The problem is overloading the health care system if too many folks get sick @ the same time. Would cause 2.13 million deaths if we adopted a “herd immunity” policy.
– REPORT TO WEAR MASKS, WASH YOUR HANDS AND SOCIAL DISTANCE. Spread happens much quicker INDOORS than outside.
– REPORT that 40% of the spread is from asymptomatic folks.
– REPORT that the flu kills 1 in 1,000 and COVID-19 kills 1 in 200. Just reported the first flu death.