“Senior Moment” Segment – August 11, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: Discussion of an autopsy and how it relates to the burial procedure @ Forest Lawn.
– Forest Lawn usually has to “restore” an autopsied body before burial.
– Embalming is done by injecting thru an artery and draining thru the veins. Organs are returned to the body cavity.
– Autopsy is usually done by the Coroner. Autopsy serves as a learning vehicle for teaching hospitals as well.
– If you die @ home and have seen a doctor in the last 20 days you probably don’t need an autopsy.
– Forest Lawn can’t pick up the remains until the Coroner has released the body.