“Go Green” Segment – August 4, 2018
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re:
– July traditionally has the highest water use and hottest temperature.
– Start tapering your water usage down now. Watering guide is posted on their website. Or you can apply for a rebate for a “Smart Controller” and it will adjust your watering times for you.
– Go to www.dwa.org/nozzles to see the water-smart sprinklers and DWA will send you a rebate check of $5. Rebate per nozzle and $2. Rebate per nozzle installation.
– During the fall it’s ideal to do the grass to turf project. www.dwa.org/turf.
(760) 323-4971 (X 184)
RENOVA ENERGY w/ Matthew McPherson re:
– Good time to do solar, re: the highest record temperature in July.
– Discussion of how solar reacts to extreme temperatures. Renova’s panels have the best solar co-efficient panels in the industry and do NOT QUIT.
– Your payment on the rental of your solar equipment is guaranteed to be less than your regular electric bill.
– Free estimates.
– Some new cars have solar panels on their roofs to run the A.C.