Desert Care Network Segment – August 11, 2018
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER w/ Erica Pelinski re: 1150 N. Indian Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– She’s a PA (physician’s assistant) C (certified)
– D.R.M.C. wants to implement both an osteoporosis management and a bone fracture program, because there is such a large population of folks susceptible to these issues.
– Over the age of 50 the incidents of osteoporosis in women increases over men, especially if they are smaller in stature.
– Ground level fall fractures are very common. (not from a height etc.,) are a signal that osteoporosis may be present. Corrective surgeries need to happen very quickly.
– To prevent these issues, come into D.R.M.C. for a bone assessment.
– 8/15 – FREE “Beyond Osteoporosis” Strong Bones for Women and Men by Erica Pelinski, PA-C. @ 10 AM @ Stergios Bldg., @ D.R.M.C. RSPV to (800) 491-4990)
– 8/16 – FREE “Healthy Habits; Caregivers Special”….how to be you when caring for others…..w/ Anita Chatigny, Ph.D. @ 1 PM @ Mizell Senior Center. RSVP to (800) 491-4990)