Neuro Vitality Center/DWA Segment – June 30, 2018
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Neuro Vitality Center/DWA Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Bev Greer C.E.O.
– Heat impacts MS patients very badly. A heat stroke is very different from the traditional stroke.
– Positive use of therapy animals on a regular schedule @ the center. (dogs)
– Funded completely by donations. Only facility of it’s kind IN THE WORLD!!!!
– The Center has one-on-one chat rooms to encourage communication.
– Read Bev’s blog on the website.
– Need for volunteers. And they will be trained @ the Center w/ licensed therapists. Need help in speech and cognitive areas. Occupational therapy is used too.
– Statistics on people who volunteer are wonderfully positive.
– Study they did in 2007 showed that folks from the NVC had better quality of life, fewer falls, fewer trips to the Emergency Room
– HARC is going to help design a new study to show the benefits and results of the NVC, to eventually help to raise funds for the Center.
– Stroke patients stay on after their stroke and the “living in fear of another stroke” goes away to a certain degree.
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– SHE’S 5 months PREGNANT W/ A BABY BOY!!!!
– Highest water use of the year. June, July, August. Mostly because of watering our plants. Helps w/ the run-off.
– Water costs are going to go up in July and August.
– New fiscal year, starting July 1, will have new incentives for customers.
– July 10, 11, 12 workshops to learn about new rebates.
– Governor has signed new conservation laws.
(760) 323-4970 X 184