January 27, 2018
R.O.T.W./P.S.Cultural Center/Talk of Stars Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
1. WILLIE BOYS –
– Lunch and dinner. Closed on Monday, Tuesday
– In Morongo Valley
– Entertainment in the “flavor” of Country Western
– Have an arcade and billiard room
– Have a huge smoker there
2. PEAKS, @ the Top of the tram.
– Open 7 days a week
– Voted #8 in the World for Cliffside Restaurant
– Valentine’s Day Special, reservations required
– Kids menu too
– Still cold up there, 40 degrees cooler
– Great view
CERTIFIED FARMERS MARKET
Megan Goehring and Charissa Farley
TOMORROW 1/28 Palm Springs Cultural Center’s Winter Harvest Community Long Table 6 – 9 PM
– New name of the Camelot Theatre is the Cultural Center.
– Winter Harvest Community Long Table dinner will be on the stage @ Theatre #1 – the Camelot Theatre
– Natural, organic food
– Megan is the Mgr. of the Certified Farmers Market in the Coachella Valley….also food from Riverside, Hemet, etc.,
– Tix. @ www.certifiedfarmersmarkets.org
– Benefits the CFM, Film Festivals, and to adapt the building for performing groups that don’t have a “home”
– Music will be lovely
– 6-course menu and vegetarian and vegan too.
ARTHUR NEWMAN THEATER/A.J.’S ON THE GREEN
– 1/27 – At A.J.’s on the Green for “Open Mike”. Reservations needed (760) 202-1111.
– 1/28 – Cabaret “On The Green” @ the Arthur Newman Theater w/ “My Heart Took Flight”
– 2/4 – “Still Fabulous After the Follies” w/ 4 former stars of the P.S. Follies. Get tickets @ the door
TALK OF STARS
– her history in show business and Sissy in “Family Affair”.
– “Dinner @ Five” 5 weeks, thru Feb., 24
– At the Indian Wells Theater in Palm Desert
– Tix @ www.dinnerat5.com
– 4 Stars from television in the first cast.
Home and Services
Molly T. of Rancho Mirage, CA.
Lee Rice and Denise Latini
– Denise is BSN, RN, Mgr. of Eisenhower Memory Care Center, Adult Day Center.
– Open Monday – Friday for daycare. Engage the client and this keeps the cognitive part of you going.
– Now video game addition is a clinical issue.
– 2/3 “Caring for the Caregiver” Take Care of Your Cognitive Health” FREE event.
– Caregivers pass away @ a 70% higher rate than the person they are caring for.
– Poly pharmacy is the term for all the drugs we take
– Memory Care Center has a FREE support group for caregivers each Thursday.
– New name reflects the fact that they are now a health system.
– With UC San Diego to share programs for more opportunity for us
– 2/25 “Songbirds and Showmen” benefit
Dennis Van Buskirk
– Mar., 1 – last day to get insurance this year
– Bundle everything, Dennis does all the paperwork
– Dennis is a broker and can give you all the benefits and the best prices
– Has a new program for vacation rentals, events on your property
– Discussion about the new insurances that will be needed for these new driverless cars..90% of accidents are human error, which driverless cars will help.
– Will probably put the burden on the manufacturer of the vehicle, because it’s their computer driving the car. Probably won’t be good for insurance agents.
– Locally owned and operated
– New program for vacation rentals and home events insurance. Probably can’t rent the facility for your event w/out insurance.
– New policy for CNA (in-home caretakers health care) that is very affordable.
EUREKA WEALTH MANAGEMENT
Matthew D. Davis re: New tax laws
– Everyone will be affected. IRS hasn’t written the code yet for 2018.
– Elimination of the SALT deductions
– CA. is the highest taxing state
– He wants us to think forward and a tax account will have you think backward
– The investment scope has been affected too
– Sign up for his blog on his web site. Personal finance advice on the blog.
– All of this information will continue to change
– Get advice for strategies for taxes etc.,
– Biggest change in tax laws he’s ever seen.
– He’s a registered investment advisory consultant, with flat fees for his services. No commissions.
Kids and Pets Service
Richard E. of Calimesa, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER/JOEY EDITION WHEEL
BRADY SANDAHL REAL ESTATE GROUP AT KELLER WILLIAMS
– the Great time to buy…..they need listings, so it’s a “seller’s market”.
– Mystery House #1 – Autographed copy of Andrew Neiderman/V.C. Andrew’s “Shattered Memories”. AND Azul gift certificate – won by Gilbert H. of Desert Hot Springs.
– Mystery House #2 – Autographed copy of Andrew Neiderman/V.C. Andrew’s “Shattered Memories”. AND Azul gift certificate – won by Carnell J.. of Palm Springs.
– Mystery House #3 – Autographed copy of Andrew Neiderman/V.C. Andrew’s “Shattered Memories”. AND Azul gift certificate – won by Denise P. of Cathedral City.
– MENTION –
AIR MED CARE NETWORK/REACH AIR AMBULANCE w/ Kellie Kennedy
MAXIMUM SECURITY w/ Robb Roberts – $1,500. system from Steve
RENOVA SOLAR w/ Lea Goodsell – $1,000. gift certificate toward a new solar system or 2 months solar energy bill payments from Vincent
REVIVALS DESIGN/CONSIGN/VOLUNTEER/SHOP w/ Charles Huff – $500. gift certificate
www.desertaidsproject.org and www.revivalsstores.com
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY – $500. gift certificate from Leslie
Shows and Tours
Mary T. of Palm Desert, CA