January 13, 2018
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
re: “A.J.’s On The Green and Splash Bar”
– New menu, w/ all the old classics. Designed by Art
– Updated wine menu
– Remodeling bathrooms
– Open 7 days a week now
– Entertainment/live music every night.
Photo of John
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
– “Fifth of July” runs from 1/12 thru 2/4
– Explanation of the fabulous, intricate plot from Pulitzer Prize winning author Lanford Wilson.
– DRP gives away tix to Desert Aids Project.
– 1/27 Film festival of short films, by, for and about women.
– @ the Richards Center for the Performing Arts @ P.S.H.S. @ 10 AM – 11:30 w/ Q. and A.
– Traveling film event by the company that makes LunaBars
– 6th year of the event here.
– Benefits “Chicken and Egg Production” to benefit female film makers.
– 9 short films of all lengths
– Tickets are $20. in advance and $25. @ the door
SPAY NEUTER CLINICS
2/18, 19, 20 Spay/neuter clinic.@ ABC Recovery Center in Indio,
2/20 License Clinic @ ABC Recovery Center in Indio where overdue fees will be waived
www.coachellaanimalnetwork.org and www.dogangels.org
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– TODAY – pet adoption @ Gelson’s where everything you need to take your animal home is provided.
– TODAY – presence @ the Desert Woman’s Show @ the A.C.C.
– 1/28 – “Faith, Hope and Pups” @ the Polo Club
Home and Services
Freda J. of Rancho Mirage, CA
Senior Moment/Time Passages Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
“Death over Dinner” program explanation. www.deathoverdinner.org.
– 75% of people in the U.S. want to die @ home, quickly.
– People want to die still capable
– Different ways hospice patients tell their children to “divide up” their family belongings and memorabilia.
– Value of having discussions about your death/dying/funeral conversation w/ your loved ones.
– Discussions clarify what is important and what isn’t.
– Importance of listening and not in an emotional moment.
– Cemeteries, in CA. are for human remains only.
– Photos are most popular item placed in caskets.
– Pre-plan and pre-pay and then nothing can/has to be changed.
– “A Classic for Generations” w/ Forest Lawn’s antique coaches @ 2/10 Dr. George event @ the Indian Wells Tennis Garden that Forest Lawn is sponsoring.+-
– The fun of Ancestery.com
Jerry Van Dyke 7/27/31 – 1/5/18
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Service folks after strokes, w/ parkinsons, etc.
Boxing program for Parkinson patients. Use bags, good for balance.
High intensity bicycles for stroke victims
Average length of stay is 2.5 years
Only facility of it’s kind IN THE WORLD.
You must be referred by a doctor.
Basic program is $30./month
Jackie Lee’s Thrift Shop for gifts open M. – F., 8:30 – 3:30.
2/7 HOLD THE DATE
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Comprehensive Stroke Center @ D.R.M.C.
Discussion of flu season, different vaccines and the advantages of getting your flu shot, even though the shots seem to be less effective than last year. Shot reduces the severity of the flu for certain. Very serious this year.
1/18 – “How Strong Are Your Bones?” 1 PM – 2 PM @ Mizell Senior Center. RSVP (800) 419-4990
1/16 – “Walk or Don’t Walk” What P.S. pedestrians Need to Know” @ The Mizell. 10 AM – 11 AM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
P.S. has one of the highest rates of deaths of pedestrians in the state.
Pedestrians in CA. are more than 70% more likely to be killed on the road than the national average.
– 1/20 – Annual Luncheon @ Renaissance Indian Wells. from 11 AM – 1:30 PM Tix. are $75.
Mission Statement: THE VALLEY’S ONLY home providing shelter for women in crises pregnancies. No one to turn to, no place to go, without means of support.
Spiritual, physical, emotional, educational, and vocational needs are addressed.
Choices of parenting or adoption are offered.
AIRMEDCARE NETWORK & REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
Your local Coachella Valley air ambulance (www.reachair.com) membership provider.
Offering life-saving services to communities across the country.
EMERGENT “Life or Limb” helicopter transport, $65./yr. for everyone in your household.
“FLY-U-HOME” AIRPLANE TRANSPORT, BEDSIDE TO BEDSIDE. $148./yr. for everyone in your household.
Kellie Kennedy will answer your questions @ your office, home, meeting of any kind.