September 2, 2017
R.O.T.W./Theater/Film/Screen Writers Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Peabody’s”. re: Report on 24 years and their summer business. Open for breakfast 7 days a week. Breakfast, lunch and evening karaoke w/ her new Japanese system.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL ANIMATION FESTIVAL
Nov 9 – 11. 1st Annual PSIAF @ the Annenberg Theater.
15 different styles of animation. Had 2,400 submissions from 92 countries. One film has a $70. million dollar budget!!! 3 ay pass if $75.
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Karaoke is Japanese for “empty orchestra”. Starting their 6th Season w/ “Vanya & Sonia & Masha & Spike” by Christopher Durange – Tony Award winning play. Runs Sept., 22 – Oct., 15
PALM CANYON THEATRE
Season starts w/ “Oliver” Sept., 22 thru Oct., 1. Had 65 kids in the Summer Theater program to draw from
MC CALLUM MOMENTS
2017 – 2018 Season tickets go on sale Sept., 12. Season opens Oct., 7 w/ Bill Murray. Some more shows have been added since printing the calendar.
DESERT SCREEN WRITERS GUILD
A non-profit headquartered @ the La Quinta Country Club, to bring screen writers together and develop scripts. Looking for actors @ an casting open call Sat., Sept., 30 from 11 to 2 @ the P.S. Library. Staged reading of the screen play will be the end of November.
James B. of Cathedral City, CA. – 1st TIME WINNER!!!!!
TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
Dr. Leslie Todd
How bio-identical hormones and alkaline water impact: diverticulitis; HIV becoming full blown Aids; post-partum psychosis; Free precision DNA medicine w/ Dr. Ray Henderson @ the pharmacy
CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
All the latest art news in the Valley. “Pacific Standard Time”.
– @ the P.S. Art Museum,”Kinesthesia”, Latin American Kinetic Art.
– @ the A + D Center, Albert Frey & Lina Bo Bardi.
– @ Sunnylands’ exhibition of “Carved Narratives” from Mexico. First time Sunnyland has had an exhibition from outside it’s own collections.
– Sept., 7 – CVRep classical concert
– The Artists Council Exhibition each year @ the P.S. Art Museum and then the Create Center for the Arts in P.D. has a exhibition of the folks who were not selected for the Artists Council Exhibit Sept., 9
– Sept., 22 – @ Heather James Gallery in Palm Desert, FREE Art Salon.
THE DESERT SYMPHONY
Nancy Tapick (presented by the Auen Foundation, www.auenfoundation.org)
Season tickets. Shows Dec., 7; Jan., 11; Feb., 1; Mar., 15; Ap., 12; and the Barry Manilow benefit in Dec., www.thedesertsymphony.org
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
Open on Labor Day. Four hangars open. Over 59 flying & interactive aircraft displays. New Vietnam & Korea hangar now open. Open Cockpit every Sat., morning, included w/ regular museum admission. The simulators you can “fly”.
– The Red Tail (Tuskegee) Racing Team and P-51’s.
– Oct., 28 – “Car Show and Chili Cookoff.
– Nov., 11 – Veterans Day
– Nov., 18 – Props and Hops Kraft Beer Festival
Glenn McC. of Desert Hot Springs, CA.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Talk of Stars/L.G.B.T./D.W.A./Time Passages Segments
TALK OF STARS.
James “Gypsy” Haake
Being in the new Miley Cyrus video of “Younger Now” and dancing w/ her in the VMA Awards.
– Every Friday @ 8 PM is “Oscar’s Cabaret”
– Every Friday @ 10 PM is “Latina Cabaret” starting Ms. Goddess.
– Starting Sept., 9 @ 6 PM is “Gypsy’s Follies”
Palm Springs store has re-opened after the “face lift”. 20,000 sq. feet of retail space now.
– 1st Thurs., is 50% off all men’s donated clothing @ all stores.
– 1st Friday is 50% off all women’s donated clothing @ all stores.
– New furniture from the July furniture show….now carrying the Scott Living line from the TV show Scott Bros.
– Oct., 14 is official grand opening of P.S. Revivals.
– Oct., 21 is Aids Walk.
THE CENTER P.S.
– Oct., 27 – 8th Annual “Center Stage” starring Cheyenne Jackson @ the Riviera Resort and Spa.
– Oct., 28 – Nov., 18 “Outlandish” speakers series(contact info: www.thecenterps.org and (760) 416-7790)
DESERT WATER AGENCY
Increased temps have not impacted our water table. People are doing well conserving water during the drought.
– Can get paid for taking out your grass and putting in desert landscape.
– Free sprinklers from DWA.
– Discount car wash coupons w/ re-cycled water from DWA.
– Smart Controller from DWA.
– Starting Sept., 1 – accepting applications to the “Water Counts” Academy in partnership w/ UCR-P.D. Series of 3 evening classes and a tour.
Jay Thomas 7/12/1948 – 8/24/2017
Steve C. of Palm Desert, CA. – 1st TIME WINNER!!!!