August 12, 2017
R.O.T.W./Solar Eclipse/Animal/Time Passages Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“A.J.’s ON THE GREEN” re: Won “Best of the Best” in several categories from P.S. Life.
· Summer Hours, 2-10P, closed SUN’s & TUE’s. Live music every night! · TONIGHT, 8/12: Cabaret on the Green Open Mic · Mon, 8/14: Bill Marx · Wed, 8/16: Doug MacDonald · Fri, 8/18: The Carmens Duo · Every Fri: Fabulous fish & chips, $10 · Happy Hour: 2 – 7P
– Closed Sunday’s and Tuesdays
PALM SPRINGS PUBLIC LIBRARY
– 8/21 Eclipse events
– 8/16 @ 1:30 PM, Youth event to prepare for the celestial vent of the century and make “viewing” boxes.
– 8/16 @ 6:30 PM Adult lecture on the solar eclipse w/ Autjor Stephanie Slahor.
– DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY @ the sun, even w/ sun glasses.
– Next N. American total solar eclipse will be in 2024.
(760) 322- READ
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
Need for foster “parents”.
– 8/24 Event @ The Palms Assisted Living Facily in L.Q. to promote foster parenting. All supplies will be provided.
– How to blend cats and dogs in your home and how to “test” if they will “mix”.
– Nikki Engel – “Joey Pal” and D.H.S. volunteer extraordinary.
– Glen Campbell 4/22/1936 – 8/8/2017
Barbara P. of Palm Springs, CA.
“Senior Moment” Segment
MENTION OF VITALITAS HOME CARE – Home care referral service. Full, part time, 24 hour or live in care. Fully screened www.vitalitashca.com and (760) 407-6505
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howie Cohen
– Again, the importance of planning and paying for your funeral. Example of Larry’s wife Linda’s hospital experience…The honor of serving Barbara Sinatra’s family for her service. (contact info: www.forestlawn.com and (760) 328-3112)
– Discussion of the medical issues and needs for support and respite for caregivers….and in effect….all persons dealing w/ intense life issues.
– Discussion of “Should I Help My Patients Die” from the N.Y. Times. Requirements for physician assisted death in CA. What the verbiage will be on a death certificate. What drugs are used, how long it takes, complications etc.,
– A physician cannot write the rx for the drugs if their employer won’t allow it.
– Discussion of the “End of Life Option Act”. (Also, Ca. Health Care Directive)
– More information @ www.compassionandchoices.com
Janet P. of Palm Desert, CA.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Richard Ramhoff, Dir. of Mkt., and P.R.
– 8/24 – “Polish off Your Knee Pain: New Options for Knee Replacement” w/ Dr. Stabile @ D.H.S. Senior Center from 1 to 2 PM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
– 9/13 – “Who Knows the Nose, Eyes, and Ears?” Panel discussion @ the Joslyn Center from 10 to 11 AM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
– 9/21 – “What to Know About Stress, Anxiety & Depression” @ Mizell Senior Center from 1 to 2 PM. RSVP to (800) 491-4990
NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Bev Greer, the Ex., Dir.,
New boxing program. New gym. The motorized thera-cycle benefits for clients w/ Parkinson’s, that using will help slow down the progression of the disease. Need for a “motion disorder specialist”
– Monday and Wednesday, weekly programs for Parkinson’s patients. i.e. Stretch and be vocal, group speech therapy, etc.,
To make any type of business stand out via social media. Services for vacation rental properties. Create “legacy” videos for your family, create podcasts about your own life and passions for your family. Drown photography available as well. www.univocitystudios.com
Ralph S. of Palm Springs, CA.