August 31, 2013
THE DESERT DATEBOOK
Click here for details
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS
Nona Watson P.S. Chamber President
Every Tues., in Sept., “Leads Lunch” 12 noon; 10/4 “Jazz It Up, Business and Community Expo” at Forever Marilyn Park.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing “Oscar’s” and their “My Perfect Pets” program and dog friendly atmosphere; open 7 days a week.
PALM CANYON THEATRE
Discussing entire new season and packages of show tickets on sale now. “Sound of Music” is Season Opener on Oct. 4th.
Helen C. of Palm Springs
Dennis Van Buskirk
Discussing all insurance products; online filings; $19/month dental.
Discussing all shows and tribute bands; casino promotions; “Home Theater” makeover; $10,000. Endless Summer Sundays.
DESERT CHIEFS SEMI-PRO FOOTBALL
Rosie Welmas and Melissa Evans
Discussing player ages 19-40; whole season played at Shadow Hills High School; Rosie’s Kids Charity.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Ralph S. of Palm Springs
Shows/Tours Giveaway winner:
Alan B. of Palm Springs
5th Saturday Segment
Discussing the new viruses and password invasions in computers.
Kerry Graves, Director of Park Services
Discussing hours, location, new animals and future events.
Discussing typewriters for sale; printers for sale; all ink cartridges guaranteed.
BONES ‘N SCONES
Discussing their two stores; E. Sunny Dunes in P.S. and El Paseo in Palm Desert; new pet foods and community involvement.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Discussing California Pizza Kitchen, their new store in P.S. and store in P.D.; renovation of both.
BIGHORN FUDGE COMPANY
Discussing her fantastic fudge made in Borrego Springs and shipped all over the world.
Danuta B. of Palm Springs
Extreme Home Makeover/Joey Edition “The Wheel” Segment
Discussing $600. card or poker table top in its own nylon zippered carrying case w/ chips/cards and dice.
Discussing $1,500. system from Steve.
MATTRESS 4 YOU
Discussing how often to replace a mattress; different types; 447 E. Ramon Rd. location.
CIGARS, WINE AND MICROBREWS
Discussing all new products, smoking section inside store on Palm Canyon.
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM
Discussing effect of fires on Tram; service over Labor Day Weekend.
Kristine N. of Cherry Valley
The Wheel: KATE PORTER PHOTOGRAPHY – $500. portrait of family, friends, kids and pets from Kate (contact info:www.kateporterphotography.net and (760) 799-4257) WON BY CONNIE B. of Borrego Springs, 1ST TIME WINNER!!!!
OVERNIGHT IN IDYLLIC IDYLLWILD – Overnight at the Quiet Creek Inn on Strawberry Creek. (contact info: www.quietcreekinn.com and (800) 450-6110) WON BY Barbara P. of P.S.
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM PASSES – Passes for two up and down the tram for one of the winners of the Shows/Tours package of the Joey English Red Hot Treasure Chest (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-1449) WON BY Millie F. of P.D.
Please visit the Wheel page for a complete list of prizes available on the Wheel.
1. ACQUA PAZZA – $25. gift certificate – won by Charlotte S. of Salton City
2. BEAUTY BY ELAYNA – $125. gift certificate – won by Michael P. of D.H.S.
3. BRITE & CLEAN – $100. gift certificate – won by Marian H. of D.H.S.
4. BRITE & CLEAN – $100. gift certificate – won by Terry G. of D.H.S.
5. DANIEL MARTORELLA – $250. gift certificate – won by Connie B. of Borrego Springs
6. BRANDINI TOFFEE – $30. gift certificate – won by Ralph S. of P.S.
7. BRANDINI TOFFEE – $30. gift certificate- won by Molly T. of R.M.
8. ELMER’S – free meal – won by Lynn S. of P.D.
9. ELMER’S – free meal – won by Penny H. of P.S.
10. ELMER’S – free meal – won by Georgia E. of Calimesa
11. CELLO’S – free lunch – won by Donna C. of R. M.
12. CELLO’S – free lunch – won by Shary B. of P.S.
13. FLEMING’S – $100. gift certificate – won by Nikki E. of D.H.S.
14. FLEMING’S – $100. gift certificate – won by Eddie C. of P.S.
15. LULU’S – $25. gift certificate – won by Dawn B. of D.H.S.
16. PEABODY’S – $25. gift certificate – won by Barbara P. of P.S.
17. VICEROY – $50. Citron gift certificate – won by Millie F. of P.D.
18. WANG’S – $25. gift certificate – won by Edie P. of P.D.