10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – P.S.I.F.F. Segment
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL GALA w/ Richard DeSantis. Producer Extraordinaire.
– REPORT on the probability of the Palm Springs International Film Festival Gala in Jan.,2022. His 21 years as Ex., Producer. Harold Matzner and the Board would like to see the show return to the P.S. Convention Center.
– REPORT on his perception of how charities in the CV will return to a new “normal”. Perhaps more television events allowing more people to become aware of the different charities and watch from the comfort of their own homes.
– DISCUSSION of the “giving” climate for Charities and 501 C-3’s here in the Coachella Valley.
– REPORT on Richard’s incredible history in entertainment. Was the chief programmer for the Fed. Res. Bank of S. F. Renaissance Pleasure Fair
– REPORT that Richard believes that the response to the presentation of entertainment/shows will be robust as we start back up. How the entertainment industry has continued during the Pandemic.
– REPORT on who/what companies that will/will not return after the Pandemic.
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Act For MS/P.S. Air Museum/Waring International Piano Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the live event “Marx on Marx” w/ Bill Marx and his nephew Greg,, grandson of Gummo Marx. 7/25 @ the Classic Club. Appetizers, Cocktails, Dinner and the show $150.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that today @ 10 AM the Coachella Valley Radio Control Club’s model airplane workshop for you people w/ a flight contest.
– REPORT that today and tomorrow, from 10 AM to 3 PM, Lifestream Blood Drive is going on @ the Air Museum. Donors get free admission. Don’t donate on an empty stomach or without drinking a lot of water.
– All children 12 and under get in FREE w/ a paying adult thru the summer.
– REPORT that the Café is open now too.
– Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– REPORT that money is being raised to go to the Air Races. Link on www.palmspringsairmuseum.org to donate.
VIRGINIA WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that the Waring just had an event w/ a 19 year-old pianist.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants. Need housing and now you don’t NEED to have a piano, just an extra bedroom. There are other folks w/ pianos who have offered them up for practice.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: Outreach and Conservation Manager. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that for the 4th of July water usage. Perhaps to have a bucket of water to put out sparklers, etc., let the kids run thru the sprinklers to do “double duty”.
– REPORT that this is peak water usage outdoors. Watch the length of showers, laundry, dishes, sprinklers, etc. Check for leaks.
– REPORT that the lobby is NOW open again.
– REPORT on her sons Dillon and Chase (6 months) and the example of how to educate young people about water conservation.
– REPORT that DWA can still do programs/meetings thru Zoom.
– REPORT that the snowpack is the most impact on our water.
– REPORT on the DWA incentives to help people make the right water choice and use water wisely. Lots of coupons available. www.dwa.org/phase.
– REPORT on the importance of swimming pool safety.
– QUESTION FROM a “JOEY PAL”.
1. Are water rates going up? (Not from DWA @ this point in time. DWA is doing a study so rates may go up in the future.)
– REPORT on the atmosphere in the DWA office.
– REPORT on all the aid available for help w/ water bills. Up to $200/yr. in assistance.
– REPORT that our water is tested www.dwa.org/wqr for water quality reports. We have NO LEAD in our system.
– REPORT that the DWA’s Webinars will continue. All archived ones and dates of upcoming ones are on the website.
(760) 323-4971 X 184 for Ashley).
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – “Cyber Chat” Segment
EGGHEADIT w/ Dennis Shelly re:
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”.
1. Will Windows 11 work on my PC? (Biggest announcement from Microsoft in 6 years. Was announced June 28th. Get his newsletter w/ the 10 things you need to know. TPM Trusted platform module 2.0 will be a requirement for Windows 11.)
– DISCUSSION that originally you got Windows 10 FOR FREE. Expecting the same thing for Windows 11. Will come thru an update. New PC’s w/ Windows 11 installed will be ready by Christmas this year.
– REPORT that the official release of Windows 11 will be in quarter 4.
– DISCUSSION of the changes you will see in Windows 11 vs. 10. Taskbar, file explorers, multi-tasking, The Microsoft store is completely changed. You can see some of these changes now.
– REPORT that any time there is a massive new operating system change we will have to re-learn new things. Should be safer. Dennis can give you lessons in basics thru advanced computer usage.
– REPORT on how Dennis can “take over” your computer and NOW also your phone and IPad remotely, monitor hacks, and run all diagnostic checks for $50./month for up to 3 devices. Spam Assassin is one of his programs. He can check remotely if you have the TPM on your computer.
1. $20/month – Standard program – Covers 1 user, 3 devices. Anti-virus and discount rates for on-site service.
2. $34. – Advanced program. – Anti-virus and unlimited “over-the-phone” support.
3. $50/month – Premium program. – All of the above PLUS data back up and security.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that Dennis’s anti-virus program is rated higher than Lifelock.
2. Can I disable Google from tracking my emails? (No if you are on an Android device, you can’t because you are using a Google operating system i.e. gmail etc, but if you have a Apple/Smart Device you can.)
3. What good is the “do not call list”. (Only as good as the people calling you. No way for it to really work).
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – DAPHealth/Revivals Segment
MR. COMMUNITY w/ Steven Henke re: 1695 N. Sunrise Way, P.S. 92262.
– REPORT on 4 REVIVALS @ www.revivalsstores.com @ all four stores. Open 7 days a week. 10 to 6 PM. All precautions and protocols are in place.
– REPORT on the vaccinations still available @ DAPHealth.
– REPORT that this Sat., and Sun., there’s 50% sale on red/white/blue market items.
– REPORT on the activity @ the new Indio store.
– REPORT that 9700 clients are served in the C.V. by DAP Health.
– DISCUSSION that on July 6 the new Orange clinic will open @ DAP for Sexual Wellness. This will be a pilot program for 6 months. FREE Hiv, STI, PS, CC, HepC tests. Call and make an appointment. DAPHealth is expecting a spike in these issues. Theme is “removing barriers”!!!! Confidential w/ non-judgmental.
– REPORT that all 4 Revivals Stores (Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Palm Desert and Indio) are now open 10 AM to 6 PM. You can drop off @ each store and get a receipt for your taxes. You can schedule a pick-up and home cleanup too.
– SAVE THE DATE; OCT., 30 – Desert Aids Walk.