11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Real Estate Segment
BRADY SANDAHL REAL ESTATE GROUP/KELLER WILLIAMS w/ Brady Sandahl re: 70005 Mirage Cove Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270. Director of growth for luxury homes for Keller Williams.
– REPORT that Brady Sandahl Real Estate Group/Keller Williams serves Palm Springs, Cathedral City, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, Indian Wells and La Quinta.
– REPORT that medium prices for houses in the CV have gone up so much!!! i.e. 48% in Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT that this is good news for buyers. Starting to pull back a bit for sellers.
– REPORT that it’s a good time to reach out and have a conversation w/ a real estate professional….BRADY!!!!.
– REPORT that knowing what comparable sales have been can ONLY be done by a real estate professional. Zillow etc., not as reliable since they do not have the local data that your local real estate person has.
– REPORT that average time for a listing is 2 weeks.
– REPORT that in some instances interest rates are less than 3%.
– REPORT that buyers who are financing can buy a more expensive property than a cash buyer.
– REPORT that Pacific Northwest buyers are starting to buy here, some sight unseen.
– REPORT that Brady Sandahl NEEDS LISTINGS.
– THE JOEY ENGLISH “MYSTERY HOUSE”. 3 bed, 2 bath in South Palm Springs, gated, single level condo, 2 car garage, community pool and tennis, great views for $375,000.
– REPORT that the Brady Sandahl Real Estate Group is #1 in the Coachella Valley and is really good @ knowing where to find buyers from around the world and bring them to the properties here in the Valley. Very aggressive @ getting the property IN FRONT of the buyer. A team of 15 persons.
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ John Fritch re: Peaks, Pines Café, Lookout Lounge @ the Top of the Tram.
– REPORT that the Tram is open. Can even do “walk-ups” to get your Tram tickets.
– REPORT that Peaks IS ALMOST ready to open.
– REPORT that the temperature @ Peaks is always about 40 degrees cooler.
– REPORT that the Lookout Lounge is open! It is in a new location on the 3rd floor near the windows. The Pine’s Café is open. The BRAND NEW KITCHEN is wonderful. New refrigeration, better prep areas, etc.
– REMINDER that everything that goes UP for the remodel WENT UP ON THE TRAM, some heavier items had to be lifted by helicopter.
– REPORT that John hopes to open Peaks for lunch soon. Retro look now, new lighting, getting new staff.
– REPORT that the maintenance shut-down is coming too.
– REPORT on the updated menu. PEAKS IS #8 in the world for cliff side dining!!! Hope to move up a couple of numbers this time.
– REPORT on the new cocktail items @ the new beautiful bar.
– DISCUSSION of his being honored by the Rotary. His work w/ the P.S. Chamber.
– REPORT that all provisions come up on the Tram early in the morning.
– REPORT that no reservations are needed for the Pines Café. “Grab ‘n Go” is available now. You can eat inside or out. Family fare.
– REPORT that bookings are available now for special events, Holiday Parties, etc. If you are vaccinated you DO NOT NEED A MASK.
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela, Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are in our 71st week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that we are seeing new infections in R.C.
– REPORT that the Delta Variance now makes up 9% of new cases are Delta Variance. Lambda from Peru doesn’t seem to be in the U.S. yet.
– DISCUSSION that the Delta Variance allows for a greater viral load earlier and therefore it can infect people earlier and quicker.
– DISCUSSION that the vaccine creates the defenses against the virus.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has new “Super Hero” band-aids.
– REPORT that a single dose of Pfiser and/or Moderna IS NOT REALLY EFFECTIVE AGAINST THE DELTA VARIANT. Get your 2nd dose. 94% effective.
. DISCUSSION that very rare side-effects of the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”
1. Who has natural immunity? (People who have “had” a disease have developed an immunity to it. BUT if you have had COVID-19 you still need to get your shots because natural immunity probably only lasts 3 months or so).
2. Is honey and turmeric a good antibiotic? (Honey that was made and pollInated in your geographical area help w/ allergies IN THAT AREA)
– GOOD NEWS…we are NOT in a surge in Riverside County.
– REPORT that children under 12 still CANNOT get vaccinated. Studies on-going and are looking into vaccinating 5 – 11 year-olds in the fall.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s clinics are open 8 AM to 4 PM Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.Cc’s clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday.
– REPORT that if you feel ill – GET TESTED!!!
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – cont. Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Barry Dayton re: Marketing.
– REPORT on how to get a FREE Digital Back-up for your vaccine. Go to www.myvaccinerecord.cdph.ca.gov and sign up. You’ll quick a QR (quick response) Code on your phone.
– 1. REPORT on the Desert Wellness Challenge. 10 weeks long either for yourself, as part of a team, friends, family, co-workers etc., Sign up is available on www.mydohc.com website whether you are a D.O.H.C. member or not. You get 150 points just to check in each day. Walk, meditation, etc., is trackable. At the end of 10 weeks THERE ARE PRIZES. i.e. $1,000. Gift card from Hilton.
– 2. REPORT on the “Best of the Best” @ www.desertsun.com and vote. Please vote for D.O.H.C. again, they won Immediate Care Category last time.
– 3. REPORT on the NEW mobile check-in. Will launch next week. A new way for patients to make appointments and check-in on their phones, computers, etc. Fast and easy.
– 4. REPORT on the Senior Wellness Exam. If you are on Medicare GET YOUR ANNUAL EXAM.
– 5. REPORT to go to the footer @ the bottom of the www.mydohc.com page and sign up for the Monthly Newsletter from D.O.H.C.
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Cathy Allison re: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Mental Health Therapist @ D.O.H.C. Behavioral Health where she is a Master Level Clinician. 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– HER THEME FOR TODAY; FREEDOM….“WHAT’S HOLDING YOU BACK??”.
1. Our freedoms took a hit during the Pandemic. Freedom from unhealthy things.
2. Could be medical, emotional, financial, spiritual, etc. At least COVID made us stop and take stock of things.
3. Willie Nelson says “Once you replace a negative though w/ a positive thought you will start having positive outcomes.
THINGS TO DO IF YOU CAN’T GET POSITIVE.
1. Try role playing. Pretend to “talk” to your best friend. Women need to do this “outside” your caregiver role and “talk to yourself/friend”.
2. Take a moment and check if your choices and consequences are positive. Check your HABBITS.
3. Ask a trusted loved one/friend/expert if they can identify YOUR issues. You can’t “therapize” yourself. Everyone has their “tells” that they are not doing their best.
4. Identify the negative “rabbit holes” you go down. They only hurt you. Will zap your strength.
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians Segment
AGUA CALIENTE BAND OF CAHUILLA INDIANS w/ Daniel Spencer re; Spa Director of the Sunstone Spa @ the A.C.C. Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT that Spa day pass free with full spa service w/ DISCOUNTS for local residents.
– REPORT that everything is open again now. Constant flow of guests. Open 7 days a week; 9 AM to 7 PM.
– REPORT on facilities; steam room, eucalyptus room, zero gravity room w/ a zero gravity chair; massage room, menthol dry sauna, co-ed lounge w/ snacks, private spa pool, Halo therapy (purified powered salt “cave”/booth for 15 minutes, gets pumped into the booth while you breathe in to clear nose, sinus cavities, lungs etc., increased oxygen levels, can use every day.)
– REPORT on the $60. day pass available and a great gift idea. Halo Therapy special for $80. plus Spa access.
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Legal Segment
ROBERT L. FIRTH LAW w/ Robert Firth re: 68910 Adelina Road, Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– QUESTIONS FROM “JOEY PALS”
1. Can I get fired for not wearing a mask? (Yes, the owner of a business makes the rules).
2. If I am fired can I get unemployment? (Not if you do a “voluntary quit”…but sometimes employers don’t want to go thru the hassle.)
3. Can I get fired if I am too fat? (If weight was an original requirement for the job, yes, otherwise, probably not.)
4. Who will be libel for the building collapse in Florida? (Lots of people will be. 40 years ago the building was built in accordance w/ the current standards of the day. BUT, 10 years ago it was determined that buildings had to be inspected on a regular basis. At that point in time this condo building DID NOT pass the inspection, but did not make any repairs.)
– REPORT on his law practice for personal bankruptcy and estate planning. FYI the state of CA., has a large fund set aside to cover a large part of your lease payments to your landlords and folks don’t know this.
– REPORT on living trusts. CA. has an expensive probate system and take a long time and costs lots.
Living Trusts bypass probate. Much easier and more efficient. Robert HAS DONE LIVING TRUSTS in as quickly as 3 hours. Usually 1 to 2 weeks. If your estate is under $166,250.00 you can probate it in 4 months, but if it’s over that amount, YOU SHOULD GET A LIVING TRUST.
– REPORT on his FREE consultations.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Spiritual” Travel Segment
LALO VISIONS w/ Lalo Tachiquin re: Clairvoyant from “Casa Del Monte” in Yucca Valley.
– DEFINITON of Lalo’s “gift” of psychic abilities and communing w/ angels to pass on messages to the living. He’s a spiritual healer, clairvoyant and psychic reader.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”.
1. Can someone ask Lalo to contact a certain spirit? (No, the spirits come to Lalo on their own or to visit the client in front of Lalo. It’s a surprise for Lalo as to who comes.)
– DISCUSSION of how people “see” a face it’s a ghost. Story about Steve’s best friend who passed and Steve’s phone rang AS HIS FRIEND PASSED from the energy of the dead friend.
2. Can spirits REFUSE to appear? (No, not in his experience.)
– DISCUSSION of where bad people’s spirits go. This is more a religious question. The bad people go to another dimension. It’s horrific.
– REPORT that when bad folks pass, the evil spirits COME to take them to death. It is a painful experience Lalo has witnessed.
– DISCUSSION of what affect “last rites” have on a dying person. God is “love” and HE decides who gets forgiveness because HE alone knows what is in a person’s heart.
– DISCUSSION that all Lalo’s clients are so grateful for the information they receive. WHEN THE SPIRIT wants to communicate it will let Lalo know.
– REPORT on Lalo’s comforting 90-minute spiritual readings for only $95. up in beautiful Yucca Valley.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Travel cont. Mike Thompson RV Segment
MIKE THOMPSON RV w/ Sher Lyckman. Store Manager 68318 E. Palm Cyn., Dr., Hwy 111, Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– REPORT on a 1977 GMC motor home w/ an Oldsmobile Toronado engine in it that she has on consignment from an 80 plus year-old customer. Almost a “cult” antique. Will sell it $24,000. It sleeps 4 and it’s in great condition. Folks want to SEE this one!!!
– REPORT on the popularity of “outdoor kitchens” in trailers and 5th wheelers.
– REPORT on the popular outdoor kitchens w/ fabulous appliances made of stainless steel.
– QUESTIONS FROM A “JOEY PAL”.
1. What is the “patio” on the toy-haulers? (It’s a ramp w/ which to load and unload your toys and then it becomes a patio for outdoor dining/entertaining.)
– DISCUSSION of a “toy-hauler”.
– REPORT that some have fireplaces.
– REPORT that some have garages!!!!!
– DISCUSSION that a motor home is where you are driving inside the vehicle, not towing it.
– REPORT that inventory is starting to come in. Special orders are coming in now too.
– REPORT they are open 7 days a week from 9 AM to 5 PM. Sundays from 10 AM to 5 PM.
– REPORT that since many buyers are “first timers” and not trading in an old RV, Sher needs used vehicles. She’ll buy, consign, trade ANYTHING!!!
She’ll ALWAYS provides “customer delight”.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Travel cont. A.C.T. Segment
A.C.T. TOURS w/ Steve Kanold re: 555 S. Sunrise Way, #219, Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT on what documentation of vaccination will be required going forward. www.mydoch.com has the info to get a QR code on your phone.
– DISCUSSION of rules for Cruise Lines. Royal Caribbean/Carnival, etc. Use common sense.
REPORT on some of the tours coming up;
– 8.18 – Pageant of the Masters in Lagune Beach.
– $1695. Panama Canal for 15 days. Oct., 1 – 15, from L.A., 5 stops in Mexico, including airfare home w/ Royal Caribbean.
– Egypt in Sept.
– Mediterranean Cruise over Thanksgiving. For $1,995. Overnight in Rome, then the cruise.
– 2 trips to Africa.
– Cruise of the Mediterranean, Thanksgiving in Sicily.
– REPORT on Hamilton @ The Hollywood Pantages. ONLY a few seats left for the Matinee show on Dec., 26. $159. Including motor coach, no-host lunch. Hamilton will scheduled to close Jan., 7. Seats are $159. Simon and Garfunkel Story tickets available too.
– 7.22 – Day Tour to the Del Coronado Hotel and a Harbor Cruise in San Diego.
– HOLD THE DATE; April, 2022 to New York Theatre.
– REPORT on Steve’s book “Globetrots, You didn’t tell me there’d be walking on this tour.” Get it @ Amazon, OR call ACT and get a signed copy and you’ll get gift certificate for tours @ ACT.