“Go Green” Segment – November 4, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 4:00 – 5:00 PM
Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION that water is the foundation of everything.
– REPORT that it takes 4 glasses of water TO WASH 1 water glass. i.e. restaurants can only serve water when requested.
– REPORT that DWA is a government body run by a 5 member elected Board of Directors.
– REPORT on which sections of Palm Springs are voting for the Board of Directors for the DWA this election. Some of the issues the Board determines. Not a salaried position.
– REPORT that our water is tested EVERY DAY and the results are published. www.dwa.org/wqr.
– REPORT that to report any water waste go to www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT that we must all help w/ the statewide drought. Rules on how to “check” your sprinkler system. DWA will come help you inspect your system.
– REPORT that NOW the state of CA. there will be NO DAYLIGHT watering except to check leaks. Citations will be issued.
– REPORT on new water sprinkler timers. $150. Credit toward the device and up to $100. credit to install.
– REPORT on suggestion NOT TO RE-SEED.
– DISCUSSION of how low to cut your grass.
– DISCUSSION of the case AGAINST overseeding. Even for HOA’s. Labor costs are higher this year.
– (contact info: www.dwa.org.)