Restaurant of the Week Segment – September 12, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 12:00 NOON – 1:00 PM
Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ John Fritch re: “Peaks” and “Pine’s Café” @ the Top of the P.S. Aerial Tram. 1 Tramway Road. Palm Springs, CA.
– ANNOUNCEMENT; Interview @ “LuLu’s” for John’s birthday.
– REPORT The Tram is the #1 Tourist attraction in the C.V.
– REPORT that they are now shut down until Oct., 10 for the annual yearly maintenance.
– REPORT on THE NEW menu when they re-open. He’s adding duck, and you can’t get salmonella from duck.
– REPORT that best time to come to dinner @ Peaks about 7 PM to see the sunset.
– REPORT on menu: Has center-cut beef tenderloin and the 14 oz. ribeye, plus lighter Colorado lamb. Seasonal vegetables.
– DISCUSSION that it is best to get your tram tickets and your dinner reservation on-line.
– REPORT on the venue’s use for special events. Have 70 booked so far this year. New stage and lighting and audio-visual for events. Can seat 90 to 100 now and a view from every seat.
– REPORT that Architectural Digest voted Peaks #8 IN THE WORLD for restaurants w/ a view.
– REPORT that there is a child’s menu @ both Peaks and Pines Café.
– REPORT that they are open 7 days a week. Book on “open table”. Reservations strongly suggested after the re-opening.
– (contact info: www.pstramway.com and (760) 325-4537)