Museum Segment- June 1, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Seg 3 – Museum Segment
LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE SHOW FOR DETAILS OF SUBJECTS DISCUSSED IN THIS INTERVIEW.
P.S. AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re: Public Relations Liaison and Grant Writer @ 745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on May 30 – Memorial Day Air Fair and Flower Drop. Several aircraft flew and visited. Had the “missing man” formation. Dropped 3,000 red and white carnations. Had roses for the Gold Star Families.
– REPORT that the new Jim Houston Pavilion w/ the Stealth Bomber in over 91,000 feet of climate-controlled space is OPEN.
– REPORT on the Reno Air Races in Sept.,
– DISCUSSION that you might allow 3 and a half hours to see the basics of the Museum and the over 70 aircraft on display.
– REPORT on all the educational programs available.
– REPORT on great new merchandise in the gift shop.
– REPORT that the Museum will be open all summer, 10 to 5 PM. KIDS 12 and under get in FREE w/ a paying adult. Friendly dogs on a leash.
– (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM w/ Scott Slaven re: 101 N. Museum Dr. P.S. 92262.
– REPORT that the main museum and the A&D Center are open Thurs., Fri., Sat., and Sun.
– REPORT that the Architecture and Design Center has a new “textile” exhibition w/ a mid-century modern flare.
– REPORT that the P.S. Art Museum was written up in the Wall Street Journal this week!!!!. i.e. “Miracle of the Eternal Presence”.
– REPORT on the Summer Film Festival being back, beginning Thurs., June 30. Will be the last Thurs., of June, July, Aug., and Sept. Celebrates Mexican cinema.
– REPORT on the FREE Thursday nights.
– (contact info: www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800)