cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – April 13, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford re: 495 Town Center Way 44, Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA..
– REPORT that Dementia Help Center is the rescue plan for family caregivers.
– REPORT that 70% of caregivers caring for a family member w/ dementia will develop a chronic life-threatening condition OR DIE before their loved one.
– REPORT on how the DHC handles the “timing” of dealing w/ your loved one if something happens to YOU.
– DISCUSSION of how to know when it is time for you to “step away” from being a caregiver and becoming a caremanager.
– REPORT on the facilities that offer “respite” for caregivers. DHC will advise and help w/ this.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”
1. How come a loss of hearing is an indication of dementia? (Yes, affects your balance, your participation in conversations, makes your brain work harder.)
– REPORT on the bi-monthly “THRIVE” support group for ALL LEVELS. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link. FREE CONSULTATIONS.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).