“Go Green” Segment – April 1, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: Director of Public Affairs and Water Planning. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION that this is April Fools Day – NO WATER PRANKS.
– REPORT that we are hearing a lot about drought.
– REPORT that some of the best drinking water in the whole world is here in CA.
– DISCUSSION that because we have a lot of “storage” for water here in the CV, we are in good shape.
– REPORT on how to report water waste. www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT on the structure of DWA. 5 people on the Board of Directors that are elected and the map used for this election was based on 2010 Census data….not this electoral map will be updated.
– REPORT that we do more than 2,000 tests on our water a year.
– REPORT and definition of our “sample stations” and “backflow protection devices”. These are common all over.
– REPORT on April 5 there will be a hearing about the election of the map used in the Nov., election.
– REPORT on the low income water assistance program coming in June.
– (contact info; www.dwa.org and (760) 323-4971 X 184).