City of Palm Springs Segment – March 23, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 2 – City of Palm Springs Segment
SAVE THE PLAZA THEATRE w/ J.R. Roberts re: Founder of the “Save the Plaza Theatre Foundation”.
– REPORT on J.R.’s dedication to the Community and his years on the City Council.
– REPORT on the Walk of the Stars dedication for David Lee in Fri., March 18 and then after party @ Il Corso. Then the “Team Frasier” reunion (w/ David Lee, Peter Casey, David Hyde Pierce & Peri Gilpin) to “Save the Palza Theatre” @ the Plaza Theatre (built in 1936 and declared a Class 1 Historic Site in 1991) on Sat., March 19 and the after party @ “Oscars”.
– DISCUSSION of all the ages of folks interested in saving the theatre.
– REPORT that David Lee (Frasier’s Executive Producer and co-creator) donated $5 million dollars to the “Save the Theatre” cause toward a $10 million dollar budget to restore the Theatre.
– REPORT on the FREE concerts in the new P.S. Downtown Park the first Wed., of each month. April’s FREE concert will be a tribute to Elton John.
– DISCUSSION of the Hollywood HIstory in Palm Springs and the fact that there is more of that here than in Hollywood.
– REPORT on the mission statement of the Save The Plaza Theatre Foundation. All the things that the venue will be used for. The great parking. The fact that the City of Palm Springs owns it.
All the different opportunities to “name” 700 seats, the auditorium, bathrooms, lobby, etc. thru donations.
– (contact info: www.savetheplazatheatre.com.)