Children/Charity Segment – March 11, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 2 – Children/Charity Segment
DESERT BEST FRIEND’S CLOSET w/ Connie Golds. Founder of this charity.
– MISSION STATEMENT: About getting folks ready for that interview and go to work. Educate and empower their clients for success in employment AND life. About lowering barriers.
– DISCUSSION of some of the obstacles her clients face.
– SAVE THE DATE; Friday, Ap., 1, 8th Annual “Put Your Best Shoe Forward” luncheon and fashion show. 11 AM @ the Agua Caliente Rancho Mirage. IN PERSON!!!! $75.
– DISCUSSION of the decorations and food re: the Shoe Theme. lol.
– REPORT on the vendors,
– REPORT on her work w/ the students from C.O.D.
– REPORT on her virtual workshops.
– (contact info; www.bfcloset.org and (760) 568-1238).
C.O.D. FOUNDATIONw/ Matt Durkam. Director of Development for the Foundation. 43-500 Monterey Ave., Palm Desert.
– REPORT on “Stepping Out For C.O.D.” March 31 @ 7 PM @ the McCallum Theatre. Featuring Ann Hampton Callaway performing the Linda Ronstadt Songbook. Tickets start @ $75. and up.
– REPORT that all proceeds fund the C.O.D. Foundation’s Fund for Student Success. This funds ANY STUDENT NEED.
– REPORT that this is the first year as a live event since the Pandemic.
– (contact info; www.mccallumtheatre.com and (760) 773-2561).