“Go Green” Segment – February 4, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 5 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: Director of Public Affairs and Water Planning. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– DISCUSSION that the office is open at this point in time….mask up if you need to come inside.
– REPORT on the impact Covid has had on our community and therefore changes in our water usage.
– REPORT that in Jan., DWA added $300,000. To the conservation program. So call if you want to remove grass etc., which will be funded from this infusion.
– REPORT that the whole state of CA. is in a state of drought emergency.
– DISCUSSION that since we are in a drought situation, can one build a pool? We are in good stead w/ our water here in Palm Springs.
– REPORT on how to report water waste. www.dwa.org/report.
– REPORT on the structure of DWA. 5 people on the Board of Directors that are elected and the map used for this election was based on 2010 Census data….not this electoral map will be updated.
– REPORT that your Feb., water bill will show an increase.
– (contact info; www.dwa.org and (760) 323-4971 X 184).