“Cyber Chat” Segment – February 4, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 5 Seg 2 – “Cyber Chat” Segment
EGGHEADIT w/ Dennis Shelly re:
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”.
1. I am worried about Windows 11. Will it just “appear” on my computer? (Windows hasn’t updated for 8 years or so. Don’t worry for a while. Not a requirement, just available. Windows 10 will be supported until Oct., 14 of 2025)
2. Should I upgrade before that? (You can test your computer to see if it is compatible w/ the new Windows).
– DISCUSSION of new laptops out there. i.e. HP Spector is the X360-14. Can use as a tablet or laptop.
3. Can you be tracked by Google? (You can go into “manage your google account” and go to privacy/history and turn OFF location history.)
– REPORT that the official release of Windows 11 will be in quarter 4.
– DISCUSSION of the changes you will see in Windows 11 vs. 10. Taskbar, file explorers, multi-tasking, The Microsoft store is completely changed. You can see some of these changes now.
– REPORT that Facebook is easy to hack and you should TURN off any old apps you are not using any more. Lots of folks are deleting their FB accounts permanently. Call Dennis to do this properly.
4. I got too many spams over the Holidays? (Depends on the browser you are using to get to your email. Block the senders/Spam control buttons. Google filters out a lot of this for gmail users.)
– REPORT on how Dennis can “take over” your computer and NOW also your phone and IPad remotely, monitor hacks, and run all diagnostic checks for $50./month for up to 3 devices. Spam Assassin is one of his programs. He can check remotely if you have the TPM on your computer. His connection w/ his clients is encrypted and SAFE.
1. $20/month – Standard program – Covers 1 user, 3 devices. Anti-virus and discount rates for on-site service.
2. $34. – Advanced program. – Anti-virus and unlimited “over-the-phone” support.
3. $50/month – Premium program. – All of the above PLUS data back up and security.
– (contact info; www.eggheadit.com and (760) 205-0105).