City of Palm Springs Segment – February 1, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – City of Palm Springs Segment
PALM SPRINGS POLICE DEPARTMENT w/ Police Chief Andrew Mills. re: 200 S. Civic Dr. P.S. CA, 92262
– REPORT on his impressive history in law enforcement.
– DISCUSSION of how to come in and access what can be improved in the Department. His compliments about the caliber of the Palm Springs Police Force.
Firstly he talked to every single staff member. (160). Next, he will conduct 5 community meetings.
– DISCUSSION that he wants to 1. Set the Mission and 2. Define the crime-fighting priorities folks have.
– REPORT that then he wants the Department to be as transparent as possible and publish all this information. i.e. homelessness, blatant drug use, mental health, etc.
– REPORT that he wants to do a “staffing study” w/ City Manager Justin Clifton re; do we need more officers.
– REPORT that officers continued to work thru the beginning and on-going Covid Pandemic, civil unrest, etc.
– DISCUSSION if you see a Policeman, buy him a cup of coffee.
– REPORT that you can call him @ his cell (831) 212-9801.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsca.gov and General info (760) 323-8116.