“Senior Moment” Segment – January 12, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Neuro Vitality Center is OFFICIALLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and new clients are coming in.
– REPORT on how new clients whose membership is NOT provided by insurance CAN NOW APPLY for coverage thru THE NEURO VITALITY FOUNDATION by calling Sarah Sutton @ NVC. Info also posted on www.neurovitalityfoundation.org.
– REPORT that coverage thru THE FOUNDATION is based on a sliding income scale. NVC will do ALL the paperwork. Possible payment of part of the $85./day costs.
– REPORT that to come in the front door, you MUST BE VACCINATED. As if Feb., 15. you MUST BE BOOSTED!!!
– REPORT that NVC is working w/ D.O.H.C. to transport folks via Sundial to get folks vaccinated.
– DISCUSSION that if clients can’t make it into the facility, there are virtual classes.
– DISCUSSION of how to join NVC.
1. First time you get yourself there.
2. Get a tour of the facility.
3. Meet w/ case manager, insurance provider, etc.
4. Takes about 3 days to get you into the program.
5. Then you can come in 1 to 5 days a week.
6. Then Allan will work to get you into the Sunline Transportation System and their great drivers.
– REPORT on the food: Day starts w/ a continental breakfast, At noon you’re served a great lunch.
– REPORT that NVC is open from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM and sees clients from 8 AM to 2:30 PM for anyone w/ neurological issues.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).