“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – January 10, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Todd Flood re: “Maracas Mexican Cantina & Grill” 155 S. Palm Canyon Dr., P.S. & 72775 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage & J.T.s Dinner 37011 Cook St., Palm Desert.
– REPORT that business @ both Maracas is great, but the employee count is very low. Todd is very short-handed.
– REPORT that Maracas Palm Springs is closed for lunch on Wed., and Thurs., but open for dinner starting every day starting @ 4 PM for 7 days a week.
– REPORT that Maracas Rancho Mirage is open for lunch and dinner for 7 days a week.
– REPORT that JT’s Diner is open Wed., thru Sunday 8 AM to 2 PM.
– DISCUSSION of he has jobs @ all levels available. Applications are on all the websites. The base that he has always had is still there but many employees are leaving the area because there just wasn’t work here.
– REPORT on the menu @ Maracas Palm Springs should have the new updated menu later this week, w/ 15 NEW items; i.e. salmon, skirt steak salad, etc.
– REPORT on the new updated menu @ Maracas Rancho Mirage. i.e. chicken piccata.
– REPORT on the “impossible”/vegan/vegetarian/plant based items on the menu for which the restaurant won a 5 Star rating.
– REPORT that @ JT’s Diner there will be a new meatball sub; glutton-free pancakes and waffles!!!
– (contact info: www.maracas-restaurant.com and (760) 322-9654 and (760) 321-1001. www.jtsdinerpalmdesert.com and (760) 674-7600)