Palm Springs City Council Segment – January 4, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Palm Springs City Council Segment
PALM SPRINGS CITY COUNCIL w/ Mayor Lisa Middleton. 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that the City is in a very difficult place W this point in time due to Covid and the cancellation of the Palm Springs International Film Festival this coming Jan. IT WILL BE BACK.
– DISCUSSION of the millions of dollars that are at risk during a production by a major studio, everyone understands why the PSIFF had to be cancelled.
– REPORT on the City’s Homelessness Situation. Difficult and worse during Covid. Unhoused (due to economic reasons) and the City is working to get them into housing and back to work. The City has placed hundreds of these folks and is working extensively w/ charities, i.e. Martha’s Village.
– REPORT that many homeless are children and seniors. IMPORTANT STATEMENT FROM THE MAYOR….when you see a homeless person and are tempted to give them some money, IT IS BETTER to buy them food, or take them to a shelter so they don’t spend the monies on drugs.
– REPORT on the statis of crime prevention in Palm Springs and the wonderful new police chief Andrew Mills. We have very little crime compared to other communities. Our tourist population and car thefts are tempting to criminals.
– REPORT that Mayor Middleton’s door is OPEN.
– Contact info: email; firstname.lastname@example.org and www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8922).