Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – January 3, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.|
– REPORT that this is our 96th week of Pandemic.
– DISCUSSION of the good news. Data on 2020 – uptick in hospitalizations. Data on 2021 – uptick in hospitalizations but not as high; deaths dropping; infection rate up but not as high as last year. AND this Omicron variant is not as toxic.
– REPORT that hopefully the worst will be over by Valentine’s Day (says Dr. Brian).
– REPORT that TESTS are way up.
– REPORT that w/ the new variant, the monoclonal antibodies are not quite as effective. Omicron variant doubles number of infected people every couple of days.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is part of the HOPA system and has the new monoclonal antibodies as well as the oral agents in. Have a small supply @ this point in time.
– REPORT that these new therapies are for AFTER you are vaccinated, AFTER you get infected.
– DISCUSSION of the skepticism about the vaccine does not necessarily apply to the treatments AFTER one gets sick….then THEY REALLY WANT TO GET WELL.
– REPORT that you DO NOT NEED TO BE A D.O.H.C. member to get treated by them.
– REPORT that home testing is hard. As long as the Virus has hosts it WILL SPREAD. Get vaccinated. This Omicron strain is more easily transmissible but less toxic to hosts.
– REPORT that lots of viruses are out there now….flu, colds, etc.,
– REPORT that the State of CA. is 6 months behind reporting the stats. But Omicron is the dominate strain.
– DISCUSSION that this is a Pandemic OF THE UNVACCINATED.
– REPORT that there are 45 cases in hospital. They are very sick and very few are vaccinated.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).