Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – January 10, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that this is our 97th week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that this virus is a mess w/ a lot of issues.
– DISCUSSION of the limited good news. Last week the daily case rate in Riverside County was around 20, this week it is around 65 w/ positivity rates about 20%.
– REPORT that this virus is affecting EVERYONE, vaccinated, boosted, un-vaccinated etc., It is less toxic to most patients, but we are seeing 2 times the amt. of infections there were last year @ this time. – REPORT that hospitals in the Coachella Valley are filled. Employees are getting sick. They are on a contingency plan w/ the state whereby if an employee test positive but has no symptoms, THEY CAN GO BACK TO WORK AFTER 5 DAYS.
– REPORT that all of the systems that provide CARE are going thru soooo much.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has access for the three different rapid tests. They can test D.O.H.C. members on the Palm Springs and Indio locations. They use PCR, the most accurate among other accurate tests. Results in 10 minutes.
– REPORT that if you are sick and have symptoms COME GET TESTED @ D.O.H.C. whether or not you are a member.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is one of only 3 health care facilities in the CV that is allowed to participate in the oral anti-virals.
– REPORT that they are treating the unvaccinated individuals FIRST, because once they get sick THEY WANT TO FEEL BETTER.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).