Recovery Segment – December 11, 2021
11:00 – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Recovery Segment
SMART RECOVERY w/ Diane Vinew re: 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that Smart Recovery is an International Organization. Locally she has support groups for folks w/ “addictive behavior”.
– DEFINITION that you are NOT JUST YOUR ADDICTION, you are more than that.
– REPORT that Smart Recovery reaches out to ALL addictive behaviors.
– REPORT that treatment is based on Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy. A cognitive behavioral therapy. “What you think about, you bring about”.
– REPORT that it is based on 4 premises; 1. Building and maintaining motivations. 2. Coping w/ urges. 3. Managing thoughts, feelings and behaviors. 4. Living a balanced life.
– REPORT on the workbook that’s available. Full of tools and strategies. “Smart Recovery Handbook” available on the website.
– DISCUSSION on how to change your thinking from irrational to rational.
– DISCUSSION that a nicotine addiction to smoking is one of the most difficult to treat.
– REPORT that the “BADS” – B. (boredom) A. (anger) D. (depression) and S. (stress) are the reason for addictive behavior. Women especially.
– (contact info; www.smartrecovery.org and email: firstname.lastname@example.org and (503) 819-4285.
- Trees freshly cut, not stored for months.
- Fresh from Montana and Idaho.
- Will deliver.
- Tree stands available, that don’t EVER leak and are already attached and level.
- Wreaths, garlands, etc.,
- Will flock any color.
- Open 9 AM to 9 PM up to and thru Christmas Day.
- Their lot: 73-796 San Luis Rey, Palm Desert
- Call Sequoia @ (406) 531-8018.