Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – December 11, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration.
– REPORT that we are in our 92nd week of Pandemic.
– REPORT on the Omicron Varient. This is the 15th letter of the Greek Alphabet. All the letter in-between didn’t “pan” out. We are learning how the vaccines interact w/ this new variant.
– REPORT that Pfiser has found that three doses of their vaccine are really effective against Omicron, just as two doses were against the original strain.
– DISCUSSION that IF YOU GET YOUR BOOSTER, Pfiser has found that you can reduce your chances of getting an infection by 10 folk; of getting seriously ill by 22 fold and your risk of dying by 15 fold.
– REPORT that there are still folks who haven’t gotten their first shots. Most cases are still Delta. Positive cases will begin to go toward Omicron.
– REPORT that in a month we MAY BE INTO ANOTHER VARIANT….because the more a variants circulates, the more chances of new variants.
– REPORT that we need to go back to seriously wearing masks, especially during the Christmas Season.
– DISCUSSION that folks are testing after getting exposed. Hospital load in Riverside has stabilized.
– REPORT on great new treatments; i.e. monoclonal antibodies that D.O.H.C. can give thru an IV. We have SO MANY AVAILABLE TOOLS. There are 10 approved HOME TESTS in the U.S. that you can get @ your pharmacy.
– REPORT that children 5 to 11 are getting vaccinated. Seems to be going well. 17% of these ages in CA. have gotten vaccinated.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s WALK-IN clinics are open Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.C’s ADULT clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday AND KIDS clinic on Tuesday. DO NOT HAVE TO BE A MEMBER. NO CHARGE.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).