cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – December 11, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: 69855 E. Ramon Rd., Cathedral City, CA. 92234. Indio and Coachella locations also.
– REPORT on the activities @ Forest Lawn. i.e. Their virtual “Candlelight Service of Remembrance”. Posted on Forest Lawn’s Facebook page and see the Service. Larry was the main speaker to share his experience of losing Linda and how he is learning his new “normal”. Was taped in Glendale. Lovely service.
– DISCUSSION of his wife, Linda, of 49 plus years passing ONE YEAR AGO on Nov., 12, 2020. REPORT on how he is spending the Holiday Season w/out her.
– REPORT on what pictures to look at and what not to dwell on. How he is adjusting to living alone now and advice for us all.
– DISCUSSION of how he is handling the continued grief and mourning especially @ Christmas Time. Suggestions for others to use that might be helpful to some in the same situation.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of grief around the Holiday Season and suggestions for coping.
1. Give yourself permission NOT to do the usual things. You can let certain things GO.
2. Honor your loved one by giving to others in their name…i.e. donating to their favorite charity.
3. Create a NEW tradition. i.e. Larry did a “gratitude tree”. Honoring folks who have been supportive in his loss.
– DISCUSSION that the pain of the loss actually changes. You learn to adjust, NOT GET OVER IT.
– (contact info: www.forestlawn.com and (760) 328-3112).