“Senior Moment” – November 13, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment”
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Neuro Vitality Center is NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AGAIN and clients are excited to be back since July 6!!!! They are busy.
– DISCUSSION of the mission statement. Adult day-center. Work w/ folks w/ neurological issues.
– DISCUSSION that you need a Doctor’s authorization to work out @ NVC.
– REPORT that the gym is open daily Monday thru Friday from 8:30 AM to 1:30 PM. Starts w/ a continental breakfast, THEN your vital signs are taken EVERY DAY.
– REPORT that there is a full gym, w/ a licensed physical trainer; arts & crafts; activities; bingo; garden club; intake class presented by a different staff member each week; budget classes etc.,
– DISCUSSION on how you sign up. They us the CBAS program thru the State. Social work, full-time nurse, speech, nutrition, pharmacist, etc. available.
– REPORT on the variety of schedules you can create. Provides respite for the caregiver.
– DISCUSSION of the types of insurances they take.
– INVITATION to come and take a FREE tour.
– REPORT that Sunline provides transportation.
– REPORT that you need to show proof of vaccination, then you DON’T need a mask, and a TB test to become a client.
– REPORT that they are accepting new clients and will help/do most of the paperwork.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).