P.S. International Airport Segment – November 6, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – PS International Airport Segment
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATION (PSP) w/ Daniel Meier re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service, Department of Aviation 3400 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Ste., OFC, P.S. 92262.
– REPORT on meeting @ ACT’s FREE Travel Club of the Desert.
– DEFINITION of what “air service” entails.
– REPORT on our new airline AHA!. Air Hotel Adventure. New service from PSP to Reno Tahoe starting on Jan., 3, 2022. $49. fare for a one-way flight. First 100 people to book a flight, get a FREE ticket. www.flyaha.com. Promo code: welcome2psp. Valid for flights in January. Fly the 145 Regional Jets.
– REPORT that AHA! Will be year-round service. Next summer we will have 15 year-round routes. We have 35 non-stop routes this season. CV residents want to travel all year long.
– REPORT that there is a new non-stop (on Nov., 17) flight to Nashville from PSP via Allegiant Air, Des Moines, Provo and Indianapolis. Also that week, (Nov., 19) via Alaska Air, they will start two new routes; one to Austin and year-round to San Jose.
– DISCUSSION of some of the issues from American Airlines.
– REPORT of masking/vaccination rules;
1. To come into the PSP airport and to fly, just wear a mask. Check before you fly Internationally.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 318-3806).