P.S. International Airport Segment – November 27, 2021
11:00 – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – P.S. International Airport Segment
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATION (PSP) w/ Daniel Meier re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service, Department of Aviation 3400 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Ste., OFC, P.S. 92262.
– REPORT on Allegient Air’s new service this week and the “airplane cookie” they are giving out.
– REPORT on travel tips for the Holidays. Especially getting to the airport 90 minutes before the flight.
– REPORT that June – Oct., of 2021 were the best months EVER for the P.S. International Airport.
– REPORT that AHA! Will be year-round service. Next summer we will have 15 year-round routes. We have 35 non-stop routes this season. CV residents want to travel all year long.
– REPORT on parking issues. NEW temporary holiday lots. A shuttle lot.
– REPORT on the baggage rules. www.tsa.gov will tell you what you can and cannot take on a plane.
– REPORT on the masks, vaccination rules.
– DISCUSSION of security issues and how safe we are. We’ve had no serious problems.
– REPORT that cabin airplane air is re-freshed every THREE MINUTES, from OUTSIDE THE PLANE.
– REPORT that there is a new non-stop (on Nov., 17) flight to Nashville from PSP via Allegiant Air, Des Moines, Provo and Indianapolis. Also that week, (Nov., 19) via Alaska Air, they will start two new routes; one to Austin and year-round to San Jose.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 318-3806).