Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 30, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are in our 86th week of Pandemic. Will be able to go out for Halloween.
– REPORT that there is NOT A SINGLE D.O.H.C. patient in hospital w/ Covid. There are 30 folks in the CV in hospital w/ Covid.
– REPORT that the State of CA. leads the nation in low infection rate. We have the fewest number of new cases in the nation. Best performing state. Fewer folks in hospital. Positivity is below 5%.
– REPORT that Riverside County is “boostering” the heck out of everyone.
– STATEMENTS/QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals” in the “Medicine Cabinet”.
1. Is Covid going to be a seasonal thing? (Yes, as flu is probably, but we haven’t had enough seasons yet to see).
2. Are there kid size doses for the children? (Yes, FDA panel has said the benefits still outweigh the risks for children getting vaccinated for kids ages 5 to 11.)
3. In the future, fully vaccinated folks might not be considered such w/out a booster? (This is why the CDC considers you fully vaccinated w/ the original 2 shots. This might change, but it is not the case right now.)
4. Might we eventually need a 4th shot? (Probably, especially for folks w/ added exposures, but this population will be small.)
5. Is there such a thing as getting your booster TOO SOON? (Kind of confusing. Should get it 6 months after the Pfiser first 2 shots. You get a very robust response to the booster.)
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).