cont. “Senior Moment” – October 9, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Lisa Stanford re: Family Care Consultant w/ a background w/ Alzheimer and Dementia in her family.
– REPORT on article in Prevention Magazine. Dementia is the umbrella term, Alzheimers is UNDER the umbrella of Dementia.
– REPORT that there are 100 types of Dementia. #1. Alzheimers. #2. Vascular Dementia. #3 Lewy-body dementia. #4. Parkinsons. #5. Frotal temporal lobe for people under 60.
QUESTIONS FROM JOEY PAL’S
1.Is there a connection between the way you walk and Dementia? (Yes. Can be, because of shuffling as you walk.)
– REPORT that an early visit to a neurologist is VITAL. Need that early “footprint” and avoid progression of the disease.
– REPORT on the monthly “ THRIVE” support group. Wednesdays 10 to 11:30 live in the conference room @ 75270 Hwy., 111, Indian Wells. R.S.V.P. please. Open to clients, family, care-givers. Also have a ZOOM meeting. Call for the link.
– (contact info: www.dementiahelpcenter.com and (760) 636-6355).