Charity Segment – October 9, 2021
11:00 – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Charity Segment
AIDS LIFE CYCLE w/ Brett Klein
– REPORT on the June 5 thru 11, 2022, fundraiser for HIV/AIDS. Can sponsor someone (Brett Klein) who rides the 545 mile ride over 7 days from San Francisco to Los Angeles. Brett wants to raise $10,000.
– REPORT on the “virtual” ride you can sponsor also.
– REPORT on “roadies” who volunteer all along the way. Great support staff….i.e. mechanics, medical support, food, housing, etc.,
– REPORT on Jade Bicycle Maintenance who will take all the bikes up to San Francisco for the riders.
– REPORT on they have stops every so often.
– REPORT on the training ride of 35 miles they went on. They have many routes throughout the Valley. In conjunction w/ the Desert Roadrunners. 45 have signed up so far for the “ride”.
– REPORT that you can ride w/ them on Saturdays; you can follow them @ FB @ Desert Roadrunners; in Pride Parade; all kinds of community outreach.
– REPORT that Palm Springs has one team w/ 45 rides. 2800 riders in total. 3200 people are involved overall in the ride. All vaccinated. Will wear masks when they stop in towns and attending events, but not necessary while riding.
– (contact info; www.aidslifecycle.org and (760) 340-ARTS).