5th Saturday Segment – October 30, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – 5th Saturday Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that on Monday 11.15 their “Literary Salon” w/ Andy Kaplan and his book w/ the character called “Scorpion” in the Homeland Series. You’ll get a copy of the newest book. Bill Marx will play the piano. Will be @ a private home in Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT on the Holiday Party, Thurs., Dec., 2 @ Acqua California Bistro, Rancho Mirage.
– REPORT that this will be a variation of Christmas Tree Lane. Chaired by Linda W. and Joanne H.
– REPORT that all funds raised STAY in the Valley.
– (contact info: www.actforms.org and (760) 773-9806).
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum is open 10 – 5 every day. With over 70 vintage aircraft in 4 hangers.
– REPORT on TODAY’S Oct., 30, Chili Cook Off and Car Show. “Surf ‘n Sand”. Over 125 Classic Cars (from Desert Classic Car Assoc. & Palm Springs Cruising). $1 a taste or $5 for 6 tastes, for over 11 different types of Chili. Lulu California Bistro cooks the recipes for chili for the contest. Tasters get to vote. Kids in costumes get in free, w/ NO HALLOWEEN MASK. Pet friendly.
– REPORT on the new great gifts in the Gift Shop. A special edition of the game Parchese, i.e. the wing of an airplane.
– REPORT on Warbird Rides, listed on websites. – Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, (“Bunny” and “Man of War”) C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– REPORT that a new A-7 plane will be revealed on Nov. 6.
– HOLD THE DATE: Sat., Nov., 20 – “Props and Hops” Craft Beer Festival. Vendors, tastings, $50. ($40 in advance) includes a cup and 8 drink tickets, food stations. Does not get you into the Museum. Must be 21 to go to the Beer Festival.
– REPORT that the Air Museum NEEDS volunteers.
– (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION. w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that there will hopefully be a Grand Salon in November w/ 50 to 100 persons.
– REPORT on the need for host homes.
– HOLD THE DATE: For the Gala on Monday Feb., 7, 2022 @ Westin Mission Hills. Tickets are $300 – $500.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back IN PERSON in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants ages 18 TO 31. City of Palm Desert is the Host Sponsor again and the events will be FREE thanks to the City of Palm Desert.
– REPORT that volunteer training will begin soon.
– (contact info: www.vwipc.org and (760) 773-2575).