Theater “Box Office” Segment – September 4,2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Theater “Box Office” Segment
THEATER “BOX OFFICE” SEGMENT w/ Tracey Ellis re: CVRep Executive Director.
– REPORT that the Coachella Valley theaters are announcing their seasons and will be reopening w/ wonderful shows. Most will require proof of vaccination and a photo ID. Check if masks are required before you go to a show.
– REPORT ON CVREP. on Jeanette Knight w/ a 4 play season. Subscriptions now on sale. Oct., 23rd & 24th, CVRep’s “Improv and Comedy Festival” featuring Tom Dreesen. www.cvrep.org.
– REPORT ON DEZART PERFORMS w/ Michael Shaw they are announcing their season. Oct., 27 – 30th, “Girlfriend” @ the R.M. Amphitheatre.
-REPORT ON THE GREEN ROOM THEATRE COMPANY The regular season opens in Oct., w/ “Merry Wives of Windsor”.
-REPORT ON THE MCCALLUM THEATRE
Tickets on sale for 2021-2022 Grand Reopening Season. Begins 12.3 w/ “Hairspray”.
-REPORT ON THE PALM CANYON THEATRE
Special play about the aftereffects of Sept., 11, 2001 on Sept. 11 and 12th. Sept., 24 – “Sordid Lives”.
-REPORT ON THEATRE 29
Oct., 1 w/ “A Gentleman’s Guide to Love I& Murder”. Roles still available for this play.
-REPORT ON DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
“Rocky Horror Show” runs until Sept., 12th.
-REPORT ON THE HOLLYWOOD PANTAGES.
“Hamilton” is up and running.
REPORT ON THEATRES NATIONWIDE;
– REPORT that Broadway is back after more than a year!!!. More than a dozen theaters are starting to sell tickets. Summer should see all of the theatres open. Most are requiring masks and proof of vaccination. Shows: “Six”; “Dear Evan Hansen”; “Ain’t Too Proud, the Life & Times of the Temptations”; “Diana”. Plug for A.C.T.’s New York Broadway Show Tour. Details @ www.act-tours.com and (760) 322-1247.
– (contact info: email: firstname.lastname@example.org and (760) 861-1006).