“Senior Moment” Segment – September 11, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Program Director and Sylvia Martinez, Activities Director – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Neuro Vitality Center is NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AGAIN and clients are excited to be back!!!!
– DISCUSSION of what Sylvia does… things like: bingo, arts & crafts, jewelry, painting, wood crafts, music, trivia, games and gardening, etc.
– REPORT on the training Sylvia has had to be able to do this and how it impacts the clients in a positive way.
– REPORT that clients can pick and choose what to do OR go to the gym. Sylvia has been there five years.
– DISCUSSION that since NVC is under the control of OSHA, they are all vaccinated.
– DEFINITION of who is eligible for the services @ NVC. Due to the CBAS program some clients can get all the services for FREE.
– REPORT that the NVC is an Adult Day Center, not overnight.
– REPORT on the need for volunteers. Just call.
– DISCUSSION that they are open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Start seeing clients about 8 ish. Best to call and make an appointment.
– REPORT on the variety of clients they serve. Almost anybody. Are enlarging their services for MS clients.
– REPORT that if you are vaccinated and inside the building masking is up to you.
– REPORT that they are accepting new clients and will help/do most of the paperwork. Transportation is in conjunction w/ Sunline.
– (contact info; www.neurovitalitycenter.org and (760) 323-7676).