Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians/Charity Segment – September 18, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians/Charity Segment
CAMP OF CHAMPS w/ Tim Ingram re: Presented and supported by the Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians.
– REPORT on Mission Statement: The Camp of Champions Soccer Ball Giveaway provides educators w/ a tool of incentive and reward.
– REPORT that educators set an academic goal – students are incentivized to achieve – and Camp of Champions rewards qualified students w/ a customized soccer ball that costs $10. to manufacture.
– REPORT that Tim gives out 5,000 soccer balls a year. Thought it would be 15 kids @ the start, but has really grown.
– REPORT that Tim started C.O.C. 12 years ago in Desert Hot Springs but is now all over the Valley.
– DISCUSSION the encourages the discipline that sports provide to carry over to all aspects of life.
– DISCUSSION that the soccer ball sits on the teacher’s desk all school year and then is awarded @ the end of the year. Sponsor’s logo goes on the ball. Have room for 18 sponsors on the ball.
– REPORT that their donations “dried up” during the Pandemic.
– (contact info: www.campofchamps.info and (760) 660-3372).