“Go Green” Segment – July 3, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Ashley Metzger re: Outreach and Conservation Manager. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that for the 4th of July water usage. Perhaps to have a bucket of water to put out sparklers, etc., let the kids run thru the sprinklers to do “double duty”.
– REPORT that this is peak water usage outdoors. Watch the length of showers, laundry, dishes, sprinklers, etc. Check for leaks.
– REPORT that the lobby is NOW open again.
– REPORT on her sons Dillon and Chase (6 months) and the example of how to educate young people about water conservation.
– REPORT that DWA can still do programs/meetings thru Zoom.
– REPORT that the snowpack is the most impact on our water.
– REPORT on the DWA incentives to help people make the right water choice and use water wisely. Lots of coupons available. www.dwa.org/phase.
– REPORT on the importance of swimming pool safety.
– QUESTION FROM a “JOEY PAL”.
1. Are water rates going up? (Not from DWA @ this point in time. DWA is doing a study so rates may go up in the future.)
– REPORT on the atmosphere in the DWA office.
– REPORT on all the aid available for help w/ water bills. Up to $200/yr. in assistance.
– REPORT that our water is tested www.dwa.org/wqr for water quality reports. We have NO LEAD in our system.
– REPORT that the DWA’s Webinars will continue. All archived ones and dates of upcoming ones are on the website.
(760) 323-4971 X 184 for Ashley).