Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet” Segment – July 24, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment “The Medicine Cabinet”
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela, Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are in our 72st week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that risks to vaccinated folks is very low.
– REPORT that over 60% of the over 65-ers are vaccinated.
– REPORT that Riverside County is having a slight increase in hospitalized cases THAT HAVE NOT BEEN VACCINATED.
– DISCUSSION that Ariel is Lindsey’s guest in the studio today. She’s an intern @ D.O.H.C.
– DISCUSSION of how the President of France and also the Country of Canada have said “enough” as to your access to ANYTHING if you are not vaccinated.
– REPORT that why folks don’t want to get vaccinated.
1. Younger people who feel that because they are younger, they won’t get as sick so don’t need the shots.
2. Because young cases are going up and they cannot get vaccinated at this point-in-time.
– QUESTIONS from “Joey Pals”
1. Is COVID a different disease in folks that are vaccinated? (Yes, because your body has some “defense” in place against the virus.).
2. What is in the nasal testing swab that folks “say” they are allergic to? (Perhaps an irritant, but really nothing in it to cause an allergy).
3. Sheriff says he won’t enforce mask mandate because it is not based on science? (Mask for the unvaccinated keeps the person and the community safe and are backed by the CDC. WHO says differently).
4. CRIPSR halts the virus? (Cut and paste sections of gene therapy and “fix” problems. Research is on-going about this re: coronavirus.)
5. Does your resting heart rate indicate how long you will live? (People w/ resting heart rates that is between 60 and 70 are in good shape. Exercise helps here. Flexible heart rates during the day are good.)
6. What is a grandmother neuron? (Lindsey will research).
7. Is Fibromyalgia an immune disease? (The pain and discomfort requires a good doctor to treat.)
8. What is “monkeypox”? (Showed up in Texas. High fever, no vaccine, risks if not treated.)
– REPORT on upcoming technology from Israel. i.e. oral insulin they are developing and applying this technology for an oral vaccine for Covid.
– REPORT that children under 12 still CANNOT get vaccinated. Studies on-going and are looking into vaccinating 5 – 11 year-olds in the fall.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s clinics are open 8 AM to 4 PM Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.Cc’s clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday.
– REPORT that if you feel ill – GET TESTED!!!