D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment – July 17, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Cathy Allison re: Licensed Clinical Social Worker and Mental Health Therapist @ D.O.H.C. Behavioral Health where she is a Master Level Clinician. 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– HER THEME FOR TODAY; FREEDOM….“WHAT’S HOLDING YOU BACK??”.
1. Our freedoms took a hit during the Pandemic. Freedom from unhealthy things.
2. Could be medical, emotional, financial, spiritual, etc. At least COVID made us stop and take stock of things.
3. Willie Nelson says “Once you replace a negative though w/ a positive thought you will start having positive outcomes.
THINGS TO DO IF YOU CAN’T GET POSITIVE.
1. Try role playing. Pretend to “talk” to your best friend. Women need to do this “outside” your caregiver role and “talk to yourself/friend”.
2. Take a moment and check if your choices and consequences are positive. Check your HABBITS.
3. Ask a trusted loved one/friend/expert if they can identify YOUR issues. You can’t “therapize” yourself. Everyone has their “tells” that they are not doing their best.
4. Identify the negative “rabbit holes” you go down. They only hurt you. Will zap your strength.