D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment – June 19, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – D.O.H.C. Women’s Segment
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE w/ Cathy Allison re: Licensed Clinical Social Worker @ Behavioral Health where she is a Master Level Clinician. 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– ANNOUNCEMENT that it is a good time to buy wine, since Northern CA. is suffering from a drought and may not have much wine production this year!!!
– QUESTION from a “Joey Pal”.
1. Having a terrible time getting over COVID laziness? (There is a new thing called re-entry anxiety. Change is always hard, make smaller changes. Could have been boredom too and a little be of movement helps.)
– HER THEME FOR TODAY; “Keep Your Cool”.
1. Physically and emotionally. People get cranky when they are dehydrated. Do your errands first thing in the morning. Women manage many things @ once and when they lose their cool they might do “silly things.”. Identify the things that are likely to upset you.
2. Women must learn to say “I’ll check into that”. Don’t commit immediately. Remember boundaries.
3. Women’s relationship issues. “Normal” has changed during COVID.
4. Women want to fix things right away. Remember it’s ok to take some time. Sometimes women need to “vent” to men, not necessarily looking for men to solve things, JUST LISTEN.
5. Women NEED to stay connected to their support system.
6. Women need to plan a “cool down” period AFTER ANY ACTIVITY. i.e. cool baths, naps, etc.
7. WOMEN SHOULD “KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON”. i.e. the Queen of England. lol