cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – April 10, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– QUESTION FROM A “JOEY PAL”. “Does processed meat cause Dementia or Alzheimers?. (Yes, because if these things cause inflammation, they will hasten Dementia and Alzheimers.)
– REPORT on foods that are good and/or bad when it comes to Dementia Alzheimers. If a food is good for your heart, IT’S GOOD FOR YOUR BRAIN.
1. OLIVE OIL – good benefits for you, especially Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
2. LEAFY GREEN VEGETABLES – good benefits for you.
3. TRANS FATS – not good for you. Most damage to cells that line our blood vessels. Most are man-made. Results are inflammation.
4. REFIND GRAINS – good benefits for you. BUT NOT the white things….bread, ice cream, pasta etc., break down into sugars very quickly.
5. AGAVE – not good for you. Sugar made from a catcus.
6. REFINED CARBOHYDRATES – good benefits for you.
– REMINDER that she has a live ZOOM support group the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.
– REMINDER that there is so much helpful information on the website. This list will be posted on the website too.