City of Palm Springs Segment – April 10, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS POLICE DEPARTMENT w/ Chief Brian Reyes re: 200 S. Civic Dr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the significant homelessness issue in Palm Springs. It has resulted in more service calls to the police, of course. Issue w/ County Programs where hotels were opened up (Project Room Key) to homeless persons w/out a conversation w/ the Police Dept., resulting again, in more service calls. This situation and communication is improving @ this point in time.
– REPORT on the negative impact the homeless issue has had on many aspects of our Community; i.e. need for more security downtown.
– DISCUSSION that if we, in Palm Springs continue on the positive path we are on re: COVID-19, as of June 15, the “tier system” may hopefully go away.
– DISCUSSION of his background in the Marine Corp, the Reserve Police Force in L.A. County, and the L.A. Force/ He is now in his 28th year of service in Palm Springs.
– REPORT on the role of detectives in our Palm Springs Police Force. i.e. the training, the number and variety of detectives we have in our Police Force.
– DISCUSSION of the changes he’s seen in his 28 years of service here in Palm Springs. “Watering down” of many former serious offenses. Need for more funding to help w/ many issues.
– REMEMBERING slain officers Gil Vega and Lesley Zerebny who died in the line of duty.
– DISCUSSION of the support he feels the Community gives to the Police Force here in Palm Springs.
non-emergency (760) 327-1441)