“Go Green” Segment – March 6, 2021
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochitl Pena re: Outreach specialist. 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that our clocks spring forward on March 14. The dry winter has impacted our water table. Still need to practice conservation.
– REPORT on how to leave a report on water waste.
You water use for appliances does not fluctuate, but the electricity to run appliances DOES.
– REPORT on when to water your lawn. Early in the AM or late in the PM.
– REPORT on their Pollinator Garden on the DWA site. Inside the building is still closed, but the public can come and view the Pollinator Garden that is outside. The Garden has Milkweed for the migrating Monarch butterflies.
– REPORT that the FREE upcoming Webinar in March will be focusing on Pollinator Gardens. There will be one Webinar a month. All former webinars are available on the website as well.
– REPORT that in your water bill this month will be an insert for all the Conservation Incentives that are still available. For smart controllers, efficient irrigation/sprinkler heads, grass removal, etc. www.dwa.org/save.